Re: [GTh] review of WATSA booklet on Thomas, part 3 of 3

  • chaptim45
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 13, 2012
      Chris,

      I found it useful indeed. When I was in seminary (graduated 1990) the
      Gospel of Thomas was not even mentioned. And since the textbook we had there for New Testament studies was by Luke Timothy Johnson there was no mention of the Jesus Seminar, either. So, I've always felt there were some big holes in my knowledge concerning these areas.

      Ever since I ran across Mike Grondin's Gospel of Thomas site several
      years ago, I've become very interested in Thomas and Thomasine studies. Your book has been very helpful to me in showing me the breadth and variety that exists in the current scholarship on the Gospel of Thomas.

      Honestly, I think you brought it all together very succinctly. I
      especially appreciated the way you were to discuss all the many theories equally and quite fairly and with respect.

      So thank you for publishing this book for me and the many, many others
      of folks who want to learn what's going on in Thomasine scholarship.

      Tim Staker
      Chaplain, Indianapolis, IN

      --- In gthomas@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher W. Skinner"