[gthomas] Re: No Subject

  • Ananda Hotai
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 1999
      >From: laurac@...
      >To: gthomas@egroups.com
      >Subject: [gthomas] No Subject
      >Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 22:56:11 -0000
      >

      >Hi, my name is Keith
      > I'm looking for someone who can alleviate my fears regarding
      >passage 44 (the one about blasphemy against the wholy spirit). A long
      >time ago I committed this sin and now it worries me. I know that in
      >Mark and Matthew it WAS NOT in the context of cursing or swearing, but
      >it still bothers me. It surprised me when I saw it in the GThomas,
      >because the rest of the book seems very non judgemental. It seems to be
      >talking about enlightenment, not forgiveness or condemnation. It's as
      >though it just didn't belong. Do you know anyone who has special
      insight
      >as to how or why passage 44 was included, or how it's meant to be
      >translated. What I'm really looking for is someone who can help give me
      >a very precise translation (from the Greek)of what I consider to be
      it's
      >original source: Mark 3:29.
      >
      >THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, CAN ANYONE HELP.

      I am 99.9999% sure you didn't do what you accuse yourself of doing, as I
      am just as reasonably sure that like the rest of the worldly oriented,
      you don't know what the passage really means. No offense.

    • Steve Ybarra
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9, 1999
        I would be very pleased to join you list. I look forward to our exchange.

        Steve

      • Wynn Manners
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 11, 1999
          Has anyone posting at this list seen a copy of LOGIA IESOU: SAYINGS
          OF OUR LORD FROM AN EARLY GREEK PAPYRUS (1897) as translated by Bernard P.
          Grenfell?

          i see it listed in the Kessinger catalog--but at 20 pages for $8.95
          (PLUS $6.00 postage & handling)--one has to query whether it's really
          WORTH that kind of cost, per page, to peruse it!

          Is this that earlier find of a few pages of what we now call "The Gospel
          According To Thomas"?

          Has the Grenfell translation of "this leaf from a papyrus book written
          about 150 a.d" been put on the Web, anywheres?

          If it *does* duplicate sayings from what we call "The Gospel According To
          Thomas" is there sufficient variation in version or translation to merit
          comparing?

          If anyone can illumine me, on this, Many Thanks!

          ~wynn manners