[gthomas] Re: No Subject - H. S. Blasphemy

  • laurac@ix.netcom.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 1999
      Hi, it's Keith. I was wondering if you know why there are major
      variances in some of the translations of Mk.3:29. Some end by saying
      "this will never be forgiven during this age or the age to come" which
      of course sounds pretty definite, while others end by saying "he is in
      DANGER of eternal damnation", which is far less threatening. Are there
      many differing Greek translations which are used by different scholars,
      or can various translators be interjecting that much difference on their
      own?

      From something I read yesterday, I got the impression that there are
      many early Greek translations of the synoptic gospels that differ a lot,
      and that scholars have to pick and choose to decide which parts are
      probably best.