Re: dead-drop boxes

  • Bob Schacht
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2011
      At 02:52 PM 11/3/2011, Mike Grondin wrote:
      ...I wrote to these folks, informing them of the
      situation, but received no response - which leads me to suspect that they and/or other
      folks with a yahoo.com address might be using it as a dead-drop box....

      Yahoo does spam filtering, unless you tell it not to. But it keeps all your spam in a junk mailbox. To see what is in it, sign on to Yahoo on the web and go to Yahoo Mail. Look at the left sidebar for a section labelled "Folders." One of your folders will be a spam folder. Open that and check the file for messages that you wanted. Yahoo provides several ways of telling it that this message is NOT spam and that you wanted it sent with other mail being forwarded. However, I subscribe to one of Yahoo's mail forwarding services, so your Yahoo window may be different. Nevertheless, I think Yahoo screens the mail sent to your yahoo address with a spam filter, too. It's supposed to be a "smart" filter, so you can teach it which messages are not spam by marking the messages you wanted as "not spam". It is a good idea to check your Yahoo spam folder at least once a month.

      Bob Schacht
      Northern Arizona University