9554RE: [GTh] Coptic Keyboarding

    Sep 2, 2010

      Hi Mike-

      I found the list of letters not appearing with a superlinear in Layton's Coptic on 20 Lessons (p3).

      ⲁ, ⲇ, ⲉ, ⲍ, ⲏ, ⲑ, ⲓ, ⲟ, ⲩ, ⲫ, ⲭ,  ⲱ never appear with their own superlinear, according to him. Now, as you point out,  that does not mean that they are never part of entire bound forms that have a joining overstrokes (a different thing, grammatically) and which can be handled separately by inserting the overstroke between the characters as in with shift+a in the Askeland KB so that they appear as a single line. But then again, if you use this keyboard, freeing up keys doesn’t really make much difference in the long run.

      Rick