7374Re: [GTh] Th79 vs. Lk 11:27-28 + 23:29

    Feb 1, 2007
      Mark wrote:
      > It is interesting that we have the sole use of LOGOS
      > here in Thomas where it usually uses WAxE.

      Yes, but on the other hand, the Sahidic translation
      of Lk 11:27 contained on the Coptic CD I have* (which
      is supposed to be from old manuscripts) has WAxE
      as translation of Luke's LOGOS. Wouldn't that suggest
      that if the Copts were translating from Greek, they would
      normally have used WAxE? What do you make of that?
      (What I would make of it is that at this particular point in
      Coptic Thomas, the translators may have specifically
      wanted to use LOGOS, though WAxE was the norm.)

      Mike
      *NKCSC-CD1, St. Shenouda the Archimandrite Coptic Society, 1998
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic