7372Re: [GTh] Th79 vs. Lk 11:27-28 + 23:29

  • David Renfro
    Feb 1, 2007
      Applying my less than scholarly lay-criteria: "is it simplistic?
      is it pastoral?" I've found that L.79.1-2 can be easily winnowed
      other GTh material. L79.3 seems an unnecessary addendum.

      If L79.3 is a Hellenize addition, as I suspect, this suggests
      L79.1-2 is at least pre-Pauline.

      Of course, Mark Goodacre's proposal doesn't address L79.3,
      but a scholarly point by point comparison of .1-2 and Luke.
      As I'm unqualified to comment on these points, I can only suggest
      that these "things" seem to move chronologically from the
      simple to the complex. If these qualities can be ascertained,
      some insight might gained.

      Dave Renfro
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic