5825Gnosticism

  • Maurice Cormier
    Aug 1, 2003
      Greetings all !

      I am not sure if anyone out there can help me, but I am preparing a
      short piece on "Gnosticism" and I recall reading somewhere that the word
      or expression "gnosticism" was not popularized much before the 11th
      century. In other words, prior to that date, what we call (Christian)
      gnosticism at least (whatever that really means, I guess) was simply
      considered part of "greater Christianity" in "the litterature".

      Are there any etymology experts out there who might rreassure me that
      this is not just another bad dream I had at some point ?

      Maurice Cormier
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic