      From: Andrew Smith [mailto:smithand44@...]
      Sent: 09 September 2001 15:54
      To: gthomas@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [GTh] Of/According to Thomas

      Thanks for the interesting points, Rick, but I *wasn't* proposing
      that the text was written by an apostle Thomas, merely that our text
      claims that it was. Actually I think now that "of" is preferred
      over "according to" probably because it sounds less conventionally
      Christian. As I pointed out in my last post, Meyer prefers "according
      to" as a translation within the text, but his book has to be
      called "The Gospel of Thomas." As I said, it's my good guess that
      marketing considerations have determined the title.

      Best

      Andrew Smith
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic