2417[gthomas] Re: Persecuting what? (Crossan)

    Mar 5, 2000
      At 12:01 PM 03/05/00 -0500, Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:
      >The issue seems quite relevant to GOT since the big question about GOT
      >appears to be Just how Jewish a document is it? If we accept Crossan's
      >views (that the Gentiles were included very early) as seen below, then GOT
      >may as well be a Gentile/Cynic philosophical document where the OT is left
      >far behind already. But I disagree. I think the Jesus movement was
      >entirely Jewish until well into the 2nd c, and that Judaism entirely
      >comprises the background of GOT.

      This position is patently absurd, Yuri. The early inclusion of the Gentiles
      is as well-attested as any historical fact can be. You must be using the
      word 'Jewish' in a new and strange way, but if so, it's incumbent on you to
      explain your idiosyncratic usage.