10922Politics and the JW Fragment

    May 16, 2014
      Just when I thought things were quieting down on the fragment
      front, Charlotte Allen posted an LA Times piece today thrashing
      Eva Mroczek, and all heck broke loose on Facebook. In various
      comments in various places, I've faulted Eva's presentation as
      relying on three questionable pieces of evidence. Charlotte's piece
      similarly falls short - most importantly because it ignores the part
      played by Christian's response to Eva, which led to Eva's piece
      in the first place. I can't help but see that what's going on is that
      both have allowed their political stance to effect their account
      of events - Eva from a progressive stance, Charlotte from a
      conservative. That's what comes of being a staunch advocate
      of one political persuasion or another. The facts suffer, because
      they aren't considered as important as using the story to promote
      one's own political point of view.
      Mike Grondin