10762Annual Report for 2013

    Jan 2, 2014
      This past year has been neither the best of times nor the worst of times for
      our list. We came in at 300 postings, better than 2011 (272) and 2006 (295),
      but worse than the other seven of the past ten years. There's no apparent
      trend over this period, just ups and downs depending on a variety of factors.
      Here's the totals for 2004-2013, in year order:
      512, 413, 295, 561, 714, 520, 654, 272, 409, 300.

      Fittingly (because his subject was beginning/end), Tim Staker's note, which
      was the 300th for the year, was posted after the new year began in some
      parts of the world, but before it began in others (including Yahoogroups).
      I had actually thought that my last note was the 300th, but I had overlooked
      the fact that the phishing scam note was counted in YG's total, so thanks,
      Tim, for grabbing the baton and carrying it to the milestone.

      Contributors for the month of December, aside from myself (12 postings,
      two of which were moderator business), included Judy Redman and Mark
      Mattison (2 each), and Tom Reynolds, David Hindley, Tim Staker, and
      "Jamie" (1 each). Thanks to these folks and to everyone else who generously
      contributed their thoughts over the past year.

      M.Grondin
      Mt. Clemens, MI
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic