10726RE: [GTh] Re: New Op-ed Piece on my Site

    Nov 22 1:31 PM

      I suspect that Ian is saying that he doesn’t care what Jesus was trying to convey precisely because he is interested in what the human author is representing Jesus as having said. J

      I think that trying to get back to the original/actual words of Jesus by using the texts that we have is a hopeless task unless you are prepared to believe that God somehow worked to guarantee that what Jesus said was recorded accurately. All we have is what people remembered him as saying and passed on to others – a method of recording that is subject to all sorts of changes.

      Judy Redman

      PhD Candidate

      Humanities and Social Sciences

      University of New England