10714Re: [GTh] New Op-ed Piece on my Site

    Nov 15, 2013

      > And then understood allegorically...?
      > If the son is the Son and the absentee land owner/father is God we get
      a hint of dualistic
      > Gnosticism that is otherwise not characteristic of the Thomas
      Gospel.

      Perhaps a reason for using 'xrhstos' (to make clear that the vineyard-owner represents
      the good god rather than the creator-god)? As Kloppenborg notes, Marcion left this
      parable out of his version of Luke because he (Marcion) took Luke's version of the
      parable as implying that the vineyard-owner represented the creator-god.