60580Re: [GSX1100G] Fuel Gauge Lies. '91 G, 13.5k miles

  • Ben Aichele
    Jun 15, 2017
      I've never touched the fuel pipes in my tank or adjusted the rod that the gauge uses.  So my gauge isn't even close to accurate.  Mine goes below the red before I have to switch to reserve (around 120 miles or so) and then after you change to reserve, it will go another 40 miles or so if you take it easy.  If yours only goes 5 miles on reserve, something might be wrong/missing.

      ben

      On Thursday, June 15, 2017 11:57 AM, "rich55barrett@... [gsx1100g]" <gsx1100g@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      The fuel gauge is notoriously pessimistic, but you should have a gallon left when you switch to reserve

      If you will be taking the tank off for the first time be aware of the 2 rubber hoses connecting the tank to the fuel cock. Don't want to get fuel going everywhere - it's hard to stop.

      This might help too

      and scroll down to General maintenance small

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic