Customize Permission Slip

  • Julie F Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2003
      To Kevin and the rest of the GScoutmate group,
      Is there a way I can change parts of the permission slip and have additional
      information included? I would like to:
      1) Remove the line that states "Troop Leader - Detach below and leave with
      your emergency contact person" and the dash line below it -- At first the
      parents thought they were to remove it and keep it! Removing the lines above
      would prevent any confusion for the parents.
      2) Have the following database fields printed on the bottom half of the
      permission slip
      ~Mom's name, work Ph #, cell ph # or pager #
      ~Dad's name, work ph #, cell ph # or pager #
      I don't see any where to add a cell ph#, currently I put it in the comments
      field. And some of my parents have cell phones & pagers and some have pagers
      but no cell phone.
      3) Add the following fields and have them print on the bottom half of the
      perm. slip next to the alternate's name
      ~alternate's relationship to the troop member, i.e. grandma, aunt, family
      friend
      A few years back I created a permission slip form on my computer and a
      database with the info for the troop members. I included all the above
      information in case someone other than myself had to contact a girls parent
      that person would not have to hunt for the information. I subscribe to the
      principal that if you don't have something that's when you'll need it most
      and as long as you have the information or thing available you won't need
      it. Is that Murphy's law?
      3) Add a space for a date the perm. slip and any money is due. I try to plan
      way ahead and pass out serveral different perm. slips at the beginning of
      each semester.

      Kevin let me know if this is possible. I can e-mail you my perm. slip form
      if you want to see it. I like the top half of your version of the perm.
      slip - clean, simple, to the point.

      Thanks for the great program. I'm still learning new things about it.
      Julie Thomas
      San Antonio
    • Reid, Betty
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2003
        Kevin,

        I agree with some of the issues in this e-mail. I just started using
        gscoutmate last fall and I want you to know I love it! But the detachment
        at the bottom of the persmission slip confuses my parents too. I leave a
        roster with my emergency contact. I think individual slips would more
        easily get lost. I also like the idea of the cell phone numbers. More and
        more parents have them.

        I also would like a date that the permission slip is due back to me. I now
        write it across the top of the form.

        Bety Reid

[...]

        To unsubscribe, please send an email to
        gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2003
          Hi Julie,

          Currently, the only part that you can change is the "Permission Slip
          Information Section" by going to (from the G-Scoutmate main menu) Utilities
          and List Management. Then, under List to Manage, select Permission Slip
          Information Section.

          In the next version of G-Scoutmate, we'll be able to scan in your council
          permission slip and you'll be able to output an (almost) exact replicate
          with the data filled in.

          I'm sending out an email at the end of this week to all G-Scoutmate users
          with an update on 6.0.