help please

  • ~ * ~ Vilma ~ * ~
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2002
      I had a complete shutdown on this pc ...it got reformatted and I saved my gsmate folder.
      I just popped in the cd to reload the program and I'm getting errors of 424 all over the place and I'm not sure how to put my saved info back into the pc . Help needed major as I am not able to work or find my old stuff for my troop's info at all.

      Vilma

    • Kristi Hicks
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 4, 2002
        I need help with this too, I hve had the same thing happen and it is driving
        me nuts! Please post to all!
        Kristi Hicks

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 4, 2002
          Hi Vilma/Kristi,

          Error 424 means that the G-Scoutmate program cannot find your database...
          or that it doesn't have the proper Windows files to access your data.

          Please do the following:

          1) Make sure you have your G-Scoutmate folder in a safe location (this is
          your backup)
          2) Install the full version of your software (from your G-Scoutmate Program
          CD). This will install all of the necessary files.
          3) Copy (from your G-Scoutmate backup) the file named GSCOUT.MDB to your
          G-Scoutmate folder (probably c:\program files\gscout) overwriting the file
          that's currently there.
          4) If your back was on a CD, then after you copy the GSCOUT.MDB file, right
          mouse-click on the file (that's on your hard drive) and select Properties
          from the menu that pops up. Make sure "Read Only" is unchecked.

          That should do it.

          We also have these instructions in our knowledgebase (document #42), and
          you can access it at:

          http://www.kscgroup.com/kbase/lookup.asp?IDNum=42

          At 02:59 PM 11/4/2002 -0800, you wrote:
          >I need help with this too, I hve had the same thing happen and it is driving
          >me nuts! Please post to all!
          >Kristi Hicks

        • Chelle Lavelle
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 25, 2004
            I have been trying to get updates to G Scoutmate and I keep getting a time
            out error and something about Socket Tools.

            My version is 6.0.

            Michelle Lavelle
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 25, 2004
              Michelle,

              Typically, this happens because of a firewall on your machine (or on your
              router) blocking access to the internet for Scoutmate.

              If you are using a firewall program such as Norton Internet Security or
              ZoneAlarm, then make sure G-Scoutmate has permission to access the
              internet. Also, if you have Windows XP and you have the firewall turned
              on, you must give G-Scoutmate access to the internet. Note that if you
              downloaded Service Pack 2 for Windows XP, it automatically turned on the
              firewall.

              Alternatively, you can check for updates by going to our website
              (www.kscgroup.com) and click on "Software Updates" and follow the instructions.

              At 08:52 AM 9/25/2004 -0600, you wrote:
              >I have been trying to get updates to G Scoutmate and I keep getting a time
              >out error and something about Socket Tools.
              >
              >My version is 6.0.
              >
              >Michelle Lavelle
              >

              >To unsubscribe, please send an email to
              >gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > *
              > <mailto:gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > *
            • barbara starr
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 26, 2004
                Kevin- have sbc dsl and want to e-mail reports through gscoutmate. However I don't use Outlook or any mail client because I want to keep my e-mail web based because I access it through my phone. I followed the instruction on the website using msn as an example. What am I doing wrong?

              • Theresa
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 13, 2007
                  Hi Kevin, I recently became the registrar for our unit. The unit had
                  previously purchased G-Scoutmate, but state they never needed a
                  activation key for additional troops. They have had the program since
                  5.xx version and claim they have no trouble putting in more than 10
                  troops. What should I do? I even tried downloading their program which
                  turned out to be the same I already owned.

                  Theresa