New to Group - Contemplating G-Scoutmate Software

  • girlscoutmom8
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2002
      Hi. I've just joined the group - thought perhaps I could research
      this software via the group's experience.

      My name is Angie and I'm currently a third-year Brownie Leader. I
      will be training to be a Junior Leader for the fall. I like to keep
      all my records on the PC so this software sounds wonderful. I've
      read about it but would like to know more before I take the plunge.

      Is this software more for SUDs than leaders? I would just be leading
      my own troop(s).

      Thanks for this opportunity.

      Angie B.
      GirlScoutMom8@...
    • Susan Frank
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2002
        Angie -- I purchased this software when my troop was first year Brownies --
        I have Cadettes and Seniors now, and am finishing up my ninth year as a
        leader. I love this program! Kevin is also the world's best at support.
        If you have a problem, he will work with you till its solved.

        Susan F.
        Fredericksburg, VA
        Hi. I've just joined the group - thought perhaps I could research
        this software via the group's experience.

        My name is Angie and I'm currently a third-year Brownie Leader. I
        will be training to be a Junior Leader for the fall. I like to keep
        all my records on the PC so this software sounds wonderful. I've
        read about it but would like to know more before I take the plunge.

        Is this software more for SUDs than leaders? I would just be leading
        my own troop(s).

        Thanks for this opportunity.

        Angie B.
        GirlScoutMom8@...

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        To unsubscribe, please send an email to
        gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      • girlscoutmom8
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2002
          Hi Susan. Thanks for the testimonial. Sounds positive. I'm
          curious, though, how this software compares with another program I've
          found online - TroopManager and BadgePlus (or whatever they're
          called).

          Thanks!

          Angie B.
          Danville, PA

          --- In gscoutmate@y..., "Susan Frank" <scoutmomskf@v...> wrote:
          > Angie -- I purchased this software when my troop was first year
          Brownies --
          > I have Cadettes and Seniors now, and am finishing up my ninth year
          as a
          > leader. I love this program! Kevin is also the world's best at
          support.
          > If you have a problem, he will work with you till its solved.
          >
          > Susan F.
          > Fredericksburg, VA
          Software

        • TurninGrn@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2002
            Angie.... have you visited the website (http://www.kscgroup.com) yet and
            downloaded the trial version? This is really your best bet on deciding if
            you like the program or not. Personally I wonder what I ever did without it
            d:)
            yigggs,
            Kermit

          • Cheri
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2002
              Angie - I love it as well. I know another leader that had TroopManager and I looked at what she had. Her biggest frustration with it was it wasn't very flexible for some of the reports. I was debating getting it when someone pointed GScoutmate out to me. I really liked it and showed it to the leader with TroopManager. She quit using that and got GScoutmate as well and told me she is really glad I found it. I don't know if that helps or not.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3, 2002
                I looked at troop manager -- didn't like it as much. I'm not familiar with
                the other. Plus, I figure that if it works wqell for me, why change?

                Susan F.
                Fredericksburg, VA

                Please help support our troops!
                Join us at ShipSupport-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com and visit our official
                website:
                http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html

                Leader - Cadette Troop 982 - Commonwealth GSC of VA
                http://cadettetroop982.homestead.com/home982.html
                Committee Member - Boy Scout Troop 1841
                http://bsatroop1841.homestead.com/1841home.html

                Hi Susan. Thanks for the testimonial. Sounds positive. I'm
                curious, though, how this software compares with another program I've
                found online - TroopManager and BadgePlus (or whatever they're
                called).

                Thanks!

                Angie B.
                Danville, PA

                --- In gscoutmate@y..., "Susan Frank" <scoutmomskf@v...> wrote:
                > Angie -- I purchased this software when my troop was first year
                Brownies --
                > I have Cadettes and Seniors now, and am finishing up my ninth year
                as a
                > leader. I love this program! Kevin is also the world's best at
                support.
                > If you have a problem, he will work with you till its solved.
                >
                > Susan F.
                > Fredericksburg, VA

              • mondayfam
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 3, 2002
                  Angie,
                  This is my 4th year as a leader, we are now 1st year Juniors.
                  My first 3 years were a headache of paper work and trying everything
                  to keep things organized. I knew I was looking at starting a new
                  Daisy troop next year, my youngest starts Kindergarten, and all I
                  could think about was how I was going to keep two troops organized.
                  Just a few months ago our community chair gave us the information
                  for several different programs. I down loaded each one and tried
                  everything in each program. G-Scoutmate was the one I picked. Within
                  a couple of months I had the past three years plus this years
                  records completely entered into the program, Product sales and all.
                  I couldn't believe how easy and flexible it was. (I was also
                  surprised at how many mistakes I was finding in my record keeping
                  from when I was trying to do it by hand.) Now I know I can handle
                  my new troop next year with complete confidence.
                  Thank-you G-Scoutmate. Good luck Angie.
                  Lori Monday
                  Madison, WI.
                  Troop 371