Import/Export

  • Girl Scout Troop 2669
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2001
      Hi, Kevin.

      I just recently started a Venturing Crew, which is made up of Boy Scouts from my son's Troop and Girl Scouts from my daughter's Troop (which is very convenient, but it is still just a coincident).

      I have Scoutmate to keep track of the Boy Scouts, and G-Scoutmate to keep track of the Girl Scouts, and I know I can add a Venturing unit into the (Boy) Scoutmate program.

      Now in Scoutmate, I can Export the boys records from the Troop file, and then Import them back into the Crew file. Can I take the girls' G-Scoutmate records and Export them, then Import them into the Scoutmate program under the Crew file?

      The two programs have different layouts, and I don't know if they are compatible. If they aren't, can you make them compatible in the next update?

      Thanks,

      Evonne.
      gs2669@...
    • Kevin
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2001
        Hi Evonne,

        Currently, you cannot import G-Scoutmate records into Scoutmate, however we
        have received this request from another person and we're looking at ways to
        implement this in the next version.

        So, (hopefully), in version 6.0 of Scoutmate, you will be able to import
        G-Scoutmate records in (possibly not all of the information such as
        advancement, but definitely their personal information).