multiple council's own

  • mommoooz
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
      I know many of these awards will be going away with the new program, however, while I am updating my girls' records, I'd like to include all the try-its they earned. They've all earned multiple councils' own try-its from the region (not just ours). Is there a way to track that?
    • Kris
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
        Hi,

        Yes you can customize G-Scoutmate and add council's own or fun patches to
        your database.

        Click on:

        Utilities
        Manage Lists

        On lists to manage select: Try-Its

        In the box at the bottom type the name of the Try-It.

        Click: Add

        Then in the same area (Utilities/Manage Lists/Try-Its) Click on the new
        Try-It

        Click: Edit Requirements

        Click the + button to add requirements

        Click on the box at the bottom right when done.

        Easy! I put cookie patches and fun patches under "Other Awards".

        You can customize a lot of things, like adding the names of schools for a
        drop down box if your girls go to a lot of different schools, etc.

        HTH,

        Kristin

        On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 1:44 PM, mommoooz <ketara5@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I know many of these awards will be going away with the new program,
        > however, while I am updating my girls' records, I'd like to include all the
        > try-its they earned. They've all earned multiple councils' own try-its from
        > the region (not just ours). Is there a way to track that?

      • Kris Stafira
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
          It's very easy to add councils' own try its to Scoutmate. Go to Utilities - Manage Lists - scroll down to Try Its - click onTry Its and you'll see the whole list. Then type in the name of the try-it at the bottom of the window. I usually use a format like - "outdoor skills - Skyline", so I can remember where we got the badge from. Then click the add button and it will now be in your list.
          Good Luck!
          Kris

          To: gscoutmate@yahoogroups.com
          From: ketara5@...