Re: [gscoutmate] anyone using the software to track cookie sales?

  • Kris
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2011
      Since we have been using eBudde, I feel like it was extra work to manage it
      in both places, and eBudde was accurate and I could print the records, so I
      don't use them both any more. When I did use G-Scoutmate for product sales
      (even calendar sales way back when!) I made a girl called Gift of Caring and
      distributed them what way. Just for tracking purposes.

      As far as booth sales, I just added inventory like a reorder as we did the
      sale and distributed to the girl. As I entered them, I used both
      distribute/receive so that the money came in the same time as the inventory,
      just like in eBudde.

      Hope that helps.

      Kristin

      On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Sandra Kaliscik <skaliscik@...>wrote:

      > I'm trying to utilize this software to the fullest to keep all of my
      > records
      > in one place so I've been playing with the aspects of it that I could see
      > myself using and today is "money earning section" day :-). Is there anyone
      > who is currently using this software to track their cookie sales that might
      > be willing to mentor me a bit? I put the cookies from our preorder into our
      > inventory, and I have distributed them out based on the girls preorders.
      > I've figured out how to handle the money part once it is received.so I'm
      > good on that part!
      >
      > My questions are.
      >
      > How do you handle Gift of Caring (or whatever your council calls the boxes
      > that you donate)? I've looked at it from two angles.first I could put them
      > in as a "cookie type" which would add them to "money due" for each girl,
      > but
      > would not give me a way to assign from my inventory. Or I could set it up
      > as Girl or Adult and pull cookies from the inventory to the GOC so they
      > don't show up in the inventory anymore but then they wouldn't show up in
      > the
      > "Money due" part for each girl. I suppose I could do both, but before I get
      > into all of that, is there something I'm missing? Some other way?
      >
      > Second is cookie booths, but I suppose the question is similar. How do you
      > handle cookie booths as far as taking the cookies out of your inventory? Do
      > you just add individual boxes out of your leftover inventory to the girls
      > that worked the booth, splitting them up in whatever way you are doing
      > that,
      > and then put the money received in? Do you create a "cookie booth" person
      > and just attribute all of the boxes to that not assigning them to a girl? I
      > know that I will have all the tracking of these things in ebudde.I would
      > just like to have it in my permanent files and I figured getting it into
      > the
      > same software that I'm using for the rest of my management would be the
      > best
      > way!
      >
      > I'm not sure if there is a functionality that I am missing though, so if
      > you
      > have any suggestions/hints about using gscoutmate for cookie sales, I'd
      > love
      > to hear them!
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Sandra

    • Mary Ann Hellenbrecht
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
        Go to girlscoutsnyc.org. We have excel sheets that can be down loaded. If you have different cookies I'm sure you can adapt the dorm. They also have the cookie order sheet and the prize sheet. Good luck. I know it gas helped speed my process.
        Sent from my iPhone

      • Mary Ann Hellenbrecht
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
          When in doubt email Kevin at Scoutmate he is very responsive. He will make suggestions. perhaps it is something he needs to put in his next upgrade. Have a wonderful day. MA from NYC

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jan 31, 2011, at 4:42 PM, "Sandra Kaliscik" <skaliscik@...> wrote:

          > I'm trying to utilize this software to the fullest to keep all of my records
          > in one place so I've been playing with the aspects of it that I could see
          > myself using and today is "money earning section" day :-). Is there anyone
          > who is currently using this software to track their cookie sales that might
          > be willing to mentor me a bit? I put the cookies from our preorder into our
          > inventory, and I have distributed them out based on the girls preorders.
          > I've figured out how to handle the money part once it is received.so I'm
          > good on that part!
          >
          > My questions are.
          >
          > How do you handle Gift of Caring (or whatever your council calls the boxes
          > that you donate)? I've looked at it from two angles.first I could put them
          > in as a "cookie type" which would add them to "money due" for each girl, but
          > would not give me a way to assign from my inventory. Or I could set it up
          > as Girl or Adult and pull cookies from the inventory to the GOC so they
          > don't show up in the inventory anymore but then they wouldn't show up in the
          > "Money due" part for each girl. I suppose I could do both, but before I get
          > into all of that, is there something I'm missing? Some other way?
          >
          > Second is cookie booths, but I suppose the question is similar. How do you
          > handle cookie booths as far as taking the cookies out of your inventory? Do
          > you just add individual boxes out of your leftover inventory to the girls
          > that worked the booth, splitting them up in whatever way you are doing that,
          > and then put the money received in? Do you create a "cookie booth" person
          > and just attribute all of the boxes to that not assigning them to a girl? I
          > know that I will have all the tracking of these things in ebudde.I would
          > just like to have it in my permanent files and I figured getting it into the
          > same software that I'm using for the rest of my management would be the best
          > way!
          >
          > I'm not sure if there is a functionality that I am missing though, so if you
          > have any suggestions/hints about using gscoutmate for cookie sales, I'd love
          > to hear them!
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Sandra

        • Eileen & Jack
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
            Sure. I have several versions as I have tweaked them through the years. Send me your email- ejotoole@...

            Eileen

            Come Relax at the Beach...

            At Maggie's Paradise

            www.homeaway.com/243950

            www.vrbo.com/246188

            Wow! Would you be willing to share your auto calculating excel?

          • Sandra Kaliscik
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
              Thanks for responding!

              That is what I ended up doing, as well as creating a "GOC" cookie type to
              allow the girl money records to be correct. It's throwing my total boxes
              overall off (because it's double counting those boxes) but it's the only way
              I could figure to satisfy both sides of it. I think the Money Earning
              section would definitely be more useful with a better way to account for
              that!

              Thanks again.

              _____