error message

  • babyfairydust@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , May 5, 2001
      Good morning all.

      My name is Virginia and I am a girl scout leader in WI. I have the
      wonderful Scoutmate program and love it. Anyone else a scout leader
      in WI?

      I am having a problem and I hope some one can help me.

      The last time I used my program everything was great. I tried to use
      my program this morning and I keep getting Initialization error 339.
      It will open alway to the calendar alarms and then I close the
      calendar and the program should start but it does not, I get the
      error message and it shut down.

      I thought that I would check here before I reinstalled the program
      since I have SO MUCH in there now. It would take forever to put it
      all back in.

      Thanks ever so for the help.

      Virginia
      Troop 353 Brownie/Daisy Leader
      Message 2 of 9 , May 5, 2001
        Virginia,

        I'm glad you checked here first. This sometimes happens if you install a
        new program and it removes or replaces one of the Windows files that it
        uses. Please follow the below instructions for reinstalling WITHOUT
        overwriting your data. After you reinstall from your CD... then if it's an
        older version, you can update it to the latest version by going to our
        website (www.kscgroup.com) and click on "Software Updates").

        If you have any questions, please email me directly at kevin@....

        Thanks!

        Kevin

        This email contains instructions on reinstalling G-Scoutmate without
        overwriting your data files.

        ** Please do NOT uninstall G-Scoutmate prior to
        reinstallation. Uninstalling may delete your data files **

        1) Put the enclosed disk #1 in the drive, and run SETUP or if you have a
        CD, place it in your CD drive, and select G-Scoutmate when the installation
        program starts.
        For CD Users: If the setup program doesn't start automatically after you
        place the CD in your CD drive, then run SETUP from the G-Scoutmate\32-Bit
        folder for Windows 95/98/2000/NT or from the G-Scoutmate\16-Bit folder for
        Windows 3.1.
        2) Click on the Next button.
        3) Select your current G-Scoutmate directory. It is important that you
        install the software to your G-Scoutmate directory, otherwise the
        installation will not be successful.
        4) Click on the Next button.
        5) Choose whether you want to back up replaced files (suggested response is
        YES)
        6) Click on the Next button. If you chose Yes, select the directory that
        you want the backup files to be placed in.

        ** MOST IMPORTANT STEP **

        7) If you are currently running G-Scoutmate and you want to save your data,
        then when you are asked which components you wish to install, then you need
        to uncheck the "Database Files" option. The only options that should be
        checked is "Program Files" (this is very important) and "Instruction
        Manual" (if you want it installed). If you do not wish to save your data,
        then leave all of the boxes checked.

        If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me
        prior to reinstalling your software.
        At 02:32 PM 5/5/01 +0000, you wrote:
        >Good morning all.
        >
        >My name is Virginia and I am a girl scout leader in WI. I have the
        >wonderful Scoutmate program and love it. Anyone else a scout leader
        >in WI?
        >
        >I am having a problem and I hope some one can help me.
        >
        >The last time I used my program everything was great. I tried to use
        >my program this morning and I keep getting Initialization error 339.
        >It will open alway to the calendar alarms and then I close the
        >calendar and the program should start but it does not, I get the
        >error message and it shut down.
        >
        >I thought that I would check here before I reinstalled the program
        >since I have SO MUCH in there now. It would take forever to put it
        >all back in.
        >
        >Thanks ever so for the help.
        >
        >Virginia
        >Troop 353 Brownie/Daisy Leader
      • Nancy
        Message 3 of 9 , May 6, 2001
          Hi Virginia,

          I'm a Junior girl scout co-leader in Appleton, Wisconsin.
          This was my first year and I will continue on next year.
          I have the scoutmate program too, but I haven't had
          any errors like you have. Good luck figuring out the problem!

          Nancy
          Troop 318

          babyfairydust@... wrote:

          > Good morning all.
          >
          > My name is Virginia and I am a girl scout leader in WI. I have the
          > wonderful Scoutmate program and love it. Anyone else a scout leader
          > in WI?
          >
          > I am having a problem and I hope some one can help me.
          >
          > The last time I used my program everything was great. I tried to use
          > my program this morning and I keep getting Initialization error 339.
          > It will open alway to the calendar alarms and then I close the
          > calendar and the program should start but it does not, I get the
          > error message and it shut down.
          >
          > I thought that I would check here before I reinstalled the program
          > since I have SO MUCH in there now. It would take forever to put it
          > all back in.
          >
          > Thanks ever so for the help.
          >
          > Virginia
          > Troop 353 Brownie/Daisy Leader

        • Becky Caldwell
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 5, 2007
            Hi Kevin,

            When I attempt to check for updates in G-Scoutmate I receive the
            following error message.

            Can you help me with this issue?

            Also, I would like to load my software onto a laptop computer with all
            of my data. Can you tell me where I can find directions on how to do this.
            thanks!
            Becky
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 8, 2007
              Hi Becky,

              Re: the runtime error, you will need to reinstall
              G-Scoutmate. Please follow the instuctions located here (so that
              your data isn't overwritten):

              http://www.kscgroup.com/kbase/lookup.asp?IDNum=73

              If you have high speed internet, then I recommend that you download
              and use the evaluation from our site.

              Re: the second item, please see the following knowledgebase document:

              http://www.kscgroup.com/kbase/lookup.asp?IDNum=28

              If you will be using both machines, then depending on how you do the
              updates, you will use either import/export or backup/restore. To
              move the entire data file back and forth, you would use
              backup/restore. If you only want to inidividual records, then you
              would use import/export.

              Kevin

              At 04:26 PM 3/5/2007, you wrote:

              >Hi Kevin,
              >
              >When I attempt to check for updates in G-Scoutmate I receive the
              >following error message:
              >
              >run-time error 339
              >Component csftp32.ocx or one of its dependencies not currently
              >registered: a file is missing or invalid.
              >
              >Can you help me with this issue?
              >
              >Also, I would like to load my software onto a laptop computer with all
              >of my data. Can you tell me where I can find directions on how to do this.
              >thanks!
              >Becky

            • busymomintc
              Message 6 of 9 , May 17, 2007
                Occasionally when I log into the program there is an error message that
                pops up saying Object Required. I click ok and everything seems to be
                fine but just wondering what could be causing the message to come up to
                begin wtih.

                Rebecca
              • Laurel
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 17, 2007
                  i now have windows vista and keep getting and error message when i
                  click on the help button of "there was a problem running the macros
                  (1037)" i am not a big computer person and what makes it worse is it
                  on a new too computer so i am stressing about that and making sure
                  everything gets moved over to the new one.
                  Laurel
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 17, 2007
                    Laurel,

                    The help file is the only thing that doesn't work in Vista.

                    Please take a look at the following document in our knowledgebase:

                    http://www.kscgroup.com/kbase/lookup.asp?IDNum=124