Global Update Information

  • jbgs9876
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2009
      Kevin,

      I am trying to input records for our rougly 40 troop service unit
      before early bird registration starts next month...or whenever, but
      really soon.

      In trying to get as much information in as quickly as possible, I am
      trying to update as much information as possible using the global
      update feature. With respect to our 2008 registration information,
      I'm using the following procedure:
      Girl/Adult Records > Global Update > {selections} > Registration
      At this point no matter the 2008 date I enter for the date
      registered, it always appears as the current (February 2009) date.
      What am I doing wrong? (I still have about 20 troops to go...)

      And, I don't see a way to track unawarded ADULT awards. Is there one?
      As the Training Coordinator for the service unit, I am trying to
      figure out what I need to purchase for our annual adult awards
      ceremony. The child "unawarded" seems to be a great idea for
      individual troops, but as the service unit, we track adult awards.

      In thinking about it very quickly, I would also create a report,
      printable by troop, then by name (see below for reason), for all
      unawarded adult awards that I would have to hand out that year...that
      way I would only have to call each recipient up once to receive all
      awards. Because we hand some out to parents who might not be in
      attendance at the annual meeting, I would include the troop leader's
      name, the one I put in under the: Other Features > Troop Information
      section would work.)

      Thank you.

      Sincerely,
      Jennifer Bernier