Help

  • rhonda_rt
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
      I am trying to load the GS-Mate program to my laptop computer, which
      has windows vista. I am unable to fully load the program. It leaves
      out a file or two. The program will not run. Is the program
      compatible?? I am able to load it on all other computers that doesn't
      have vista!
    • Hurricane Tracker
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
        The program works and installs on Vista, I have been usinging it on one of
        my Vista laptops for a little over a year. The key is to make sure that you
        run the setup of the program as administrator or Vista will not install the
        program properly. If you need help just let me know.
        Jason

        --
        Jason F. Woytek
        Managed Services Consultant

      • Brownie Troop
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 3, 2008
          When loading it to your laptop, do you use the same CD? And just have to enter everything to the laptop too, so that your desktop and laptop are the same?

          I would like to take my laptop to meetings and just enter in the $$ there when I receive it from the girls. Right now I have the program loaded on my desktop at home.
           Shelley Algren
          Brownie & Junior Troop Leader 30194
          964-1205

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 4, 2008
            I use the same disk to load it to my laptop and then I export the data from the main computer and import it into the laptop.

            Rhonda L.Williams
            Girl Scout Leader Troop 1057
            Service Team Manager
            Cell:  816-419-8308

            ____________ _________ _________ __

            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 4, 2008
              Shelley,

              Yes, for best results, they should both be running the same version of
              G-Scoutmate.

              And when you update one, you should update the other.

              Kevin

              Brownie Troop wrote:

              > When loading it to your laptop, do you use the same CD? And just have to
              > enter everything to the laptop too, so that your desktop and laptop are
              > the same?
              >
              > I would like to take my laptop to meetings and just enter in the $$
              > there when I receive it from the girls. Right now I have the program
              > loaded on my desktop at home.
              > Shelley Algren
              > Brownie & Junior Troop Leader 30194
              > 964-1205
              >
              > ________________________________

            • laurade256
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 18, 2008
                I have installed version 7.0 on my laptop and now I am unable to export
                the reports to my desktop. I had no problem with the earlier versions.
                I am working with windows xp. I'd appreciate any help. I have several
                roster and troop reports I need to send out and would rather not have
                to print and mail them.

                Thank you,
                Laura
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 19, 2008
                  Hi Laura,

                  Do you get an error message when you try to export? Or, does it seem
                  like it's exporting but nothing appears?

                  Kevin

                  laurade256 wrote:

                  > I have installed version 7.0 on my laptop and now I am unable to export
                  > the reports to my desktop. I had no problem with the earlier versions.
                  > I am working with windows xp. I'd appreciate any help. I have several
                  > roster and troop reports I need to send out and would rather not have
                  > to print and mail them.
                  >
                  > Thank you,
                  > Laura

                • laurade256
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                    Hi Kevin,

                    I get no response at all. I click on the export icon. I get
                    nothing. I tried setting up the email part of the program to email
                    the reports to the people that need them but I get error message
                    424. I must have a setting wrong. I am on att through yahoo.

                    Laura

                    --- In gscoutmate@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Coleman <kevin@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Laura,
                    >
                    > Do you get an error message when you try to export? Or, does it
                    seem
                    > like it's exporting but nothing appears?
                    >
                    > Kevin
                    >
                    > laurade256 wrote:
                    > >

                    > > I have installed version 7.0 on my laptop and now I am unable to
                    export
                    > > the reports to my desktop. I had no problem with the earlier
                    versions.
                    > > I am working with windows xp. I'd appreciate any help. I have
                    several
                    > > roster and troop reports I need to send out and would rather not
                    have
                    > > to print and mail them.
                    > >
                    > > Thank you,
                    > > Laura

                  • Kelly
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 8, 2010
                      I just purchased the 7.0 version of G-scoutmate. I've loaded it on my laptop, checked and downloaded updates. But it still won't run. I keep getting error messages that components are properly registered or are missing. Has anyone else had similar problems?

                      Thanks

                      Kelly
                    • troop_7168_leader
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 13, 2011
                        Kevin, I need your help.

                        Situation: My co-leader purchased GSmate several years ago. I've downloaded 2 updates I believe. I'm a big excel user so I didn't use the program much. It was easy to keep up with what the girls were working on when they were Daisies thru Juniors. We all worked on the same things. Once I saw all of the different awards and service/leadership hours there were to keep up with - I decieded to go back and use the program. I got all the Daisy/Brownie/Junior stuff input. I was probably half way through inputting the girls' Cadette awards. I can NOT tell you what I did to my jumpdrive or to my computer but all my stuff got deleted some how. All my installed programs were gone and nothing worked. I actually had to have someone reinstall windows on the computer - and all my stuff on my jumpdrive was just gone too!! (Best guess was a virus!)

                        Because of my frustration at what happened - and not wanting to re-enter all that info again - I let everything accumulate after I got the computer running again. Now my girls are in 11th grade and I have a few that have been in since kindergarten and earnd all daisy/brownie awards/all the Junior awards/and LOTS of Junior Badges (one girl earned 110, alone) plus all the cadette/senior awards (including the pre-2004 awards/the studio 2b awards/and now the new Journeys). I have a year and half to get this all input before the girls graduate. I'm pretty sure I can get it done - Just a lot of stuff to input/not alot of time!

                        Questions:
                        1. I just opened my GSmate and checked the version. It says V6.05. What do I need to do to get my program upgraded to the current level? Is that possible? It is not telling me there is a newer version.
                        2. I am now the leader for my granddaughter's troop. I would like to start off right with the girls and start inputting from the begining. Is it ok to use this program for that troop too? And I know that it is ok to make copies of this program for other parents of my troop committee for my first troop so they can help keep up with the girl's records - but, if it is ok to use for the 2nd troop - is it also ok to make copies for the new troop's parents? I told them what happened and we divided up the duties. One is going to do the banking. One will keep up with awards. One will do dues and attendance and field trips. Can they have copies?
                        3. Most importantly - How do I back up the information that I input to an external drive or my jumpdrive so I don't ever have to dso this
                        again?

                        Sorry so long - just wanted to explain what we were facing!

                        Thank you!!!