Re: [gscoutmate] Re: What is new in Version 7?

  • Gaye Jean Allen
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 31, 2008
      Kevin, I have what is probably a dumb question, but I just don't know enough about it not to ask. My Palm is a Z22 and says it runs the Palm Desktop version 4.2. Is that adequate? I am pretty sure the Desktop is, but not sure about the device.

      Thank you,
      Gaye Jean

      Stephanie,

      The tool that we've chosen will run on the following devices:

      * PalmOS powered device from Palm, Janam, Sony, Symbol, Garmin, Samsung,
      Aceeca, Kyocera, Tapwave, and others.
      --> For PalmOS devices: PalmOS 3.5 or higher, and Palm Desktop 3.0 or
      higher

      * Windows Mobile/Pocket PC compatible device, including PocketPC
      2002/2003/2003SE, Windows Mobile 5, and Windows Mobile 6 Classic &
      Professional
      * Windows CE.NET 4.2 or higher devices, including industrial handhelds
      from Symbol, Intermec, PSC, Psion, Unitech, HHP, and more!
      --> For Windows Mobile/Pocket PC/Win CE devices: Microsoft ActiveSync
      3.5 or higher

      We will most likely be developing the Windows Mobile/PocketPC version
      first after which we will migrate it over to the Palm. There are no
      plans for supporting any other device (yet!)

      Kevin

      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 2, 2008
        Yes, this should be fine. I did a quick search and see that your device
        OS is Garnet 5.4.

        Kevin

        Gaye Jean Allen wrote:

        > Kevin, I have what is probably a dumb question, but I just don't know
        > enough about it not to ask. My Palm is a Z22 and says it runs the Palm
        > Desktop version 4.2. Is that adequate? I am pretty sure the Desktop is,
        > but not sure about the device.
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Gaye Jean
        >
        > Stephanie,
        >
        > The tool that we've chosen will run on the following devices:
        >
        > * PalmOS powered device from Palm, Janam, Sony, Symbol, Garmin, Samsung,
        > Aceeca, Kyocera, Tapwave, and others.
        > --> For PalmOS devices: PalmOS 3.5 or higher, and Palm Desktop 3.0 or
        > higher
        >
        > * Windows Mobile/Pocket PC compatible device, including PocketPC
        > 2002/2003/2003SE, Windows Mobile 5, and Windows Mobile 6 Classic &
        > Professional
        > * Windows CE.NET 4.2 or higher devices, including industrial handhelds
        > from Symbol, Intermec, PSC, Psion, Unitech, HHP, and more!
        > --> For Windows Mobile/Pocket PC/Win CE devices: Microsoft ActiveSync
        > 3.5 or higher
        >
        > We will most likely be developing the Windows Mobile/PocketPC version
        > first after which we will migrate it over to the Palm. There are no
        > plans for supporting any other device (yet!)
        >
        > Kevin
        >
        > Stephanie wrote:
        > >

        > > Kevin,
        > >
        > > I'm looking into getting a PDA/Palm. I plan to use the new 7.0 g-
        > > scoutmate on it. What are the system requirements I need so that I can
        > > run it?
        > >
        > > Stephanie

      • Gaye Jean Allen
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 2, 2008
          Thank you, Gaye Jean

          Gaye Jean Allen wrote:

          > Kevin, I have what is probably a dumb question, but I just don't know
          > enough about it not to ask. My Palm is a Z22 and says it runs the Palm
          > Desktop version 4.2. Is that adequate? I am pretty sure the Desktop is,
          > but not sure about the device.
          >
          > Thank you,
          > Gaye Jean
          >
          > Stephanie,
          >
          > The tool that we've chosen will run on the following devices:
          >
          > * PalmOS powered device from Palm, Janam, Sony, Symbol, Garmin, Samsung,
          > Aceeca, Kyocera, Tapwave, and others.
          > --> For PalmOS devices: PalmOS 3.5 or higher, and Palm Desktop 3.0 or
          > higher
          >
          > * Windows Mobile/Pocket PC compatible device, including PocketPC
          > 2002/2003/2003SE, Windows Mobile 5, and Windows Mobile 6 Classic &
          > Professional
          > * Windows CE.NET 4.2 or higher devices, including industrial handhelds
          > from Symbol, Intermec, PSC, Psion, Unitech, HHP, and more!
          > --> For Windows Mobile/Pocket PC/Win CE devices: Microsoft ActiveSync
          > 3.5 or higher
          >
          > We will most likely be developing the Windows Mobile/PocketPC version
          > first after which we will migrate it over to the Palm. There are no
          > plans for supporting any other device (yet!)
          >
          > Kevin
          >
          > Stephanie wrote:
          > >

          > > Kevin,
          > >
          > > I'm looking into getting a PDA/Palm. I plan to use the new 7.0 g-
          > > scoutmate on it. What are the system requirements I need so that I can
          > > run it?
          > >
          > > Stephanie

        • Stephaine Bringas
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 10, 2008
            Was wondering if we were allowed to have software on more then one deivice, i would like to make my mobile by putting it on my laptop.

            Stephaine Bringas

          • trad57@aol.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 10, 2008
              I run the program on my lap top and my home computer. I take my lap top to
              Service Unit meetings. I am the Registrar for my SU. I use it so if the leaders
              have any questions I can look the answer or run a report for them about
              their troops.

              Terry Radford

              SU 29/30 registrar
              Nampa, Id

              Was wondering if we were allowed to have software on more then one device, I

              Gaye Jean Allen wrote:

              > Kevin, I have what is probably a dumb question, but I just don't know
              > enough about it not to ask. My Palm is a Z22 and says it runs the Palm
              > Desktop version 4.2. Is that adequate? I am pretty sure the Desktop is,
              > but not sure about the device.
              >
              > Thank you,
              > Gaye Jean
              >
              > Stephanie,
              >
              > The tool that we've chosen will run on the following devices:
              >
              > * PalmOS powered device from Palm, Janam, Sony, Symbol, Garmin, Samsung,
              > Aceeca, Kyocera, Tapwave, and others.
              > --> For PalmOS devices: PalmOS 3.5 or higher, and Palm Desktop 3.0 or
              > higher
              >
              > * Windows Mobile/Pocket PC compatible device, including PocketPC
              > 2002/2003/2003SE, Windows Mobile 5, and Windows Mobile 6 Classic &
              > Professional
              > * Windows CE.NET 4.2 or higher devices, including industrial handhelds
              > from Symbol, Intermec, PSC, Psion, Unitech, HHP, and more!
              > --> For Windows Mobile/Pocket PC/Win CE devices: Microsoft ActiveSync
              > 3.5 or higher
              >
              > We will most likely be developing the Windows Mobile/PocketPC version
              > first after which we will migrate it over to the Palm. There are no
              > plans for supporting any other device (yet!)
              >
              > Kevin
              >
              > Stephanie wrote:
              > >

              > > Kevin,
              > >
              > > I'm looking into getting a PDA/Palm. I plan to use the new 7.0 g-
              > > scoutmate on it. What are the system requirements I need so that I can
              > > run it?
              > >
              > > Stephanie

              Read reviews on AOL Autos.

              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 11, 2008
                Hi Stephaine,

                Yes, you are. The G-Scoutmate is licensed to your entire troop, so you
                can put it on multiple machines.

                Kevin

                Stephaine Bringas wrote:

                > Was wondering if we were allowed to have software on more then one
                > deivice, i would like to make my mobile by putting it on my laptop.
                >
                > Stephaine Bringas
                >
                > Kevin Coleman <kevin@... <mailto:kevin%40kscgroup.com>> wrote:
                > Yes, this should be fine. I did a quick search and see that your device
                > OS is Garnet 5.4.
                >
                > Kevin
                >
                > Gaye Jean Allen wrote:
                > >

                > > Kevin, I have what is probably a dumb question, but I just don't know
                > > enough about it not to ask. My Palm is a Z22 and says it runs the Palm
                > > Desktop version 4.2. Is that adequate? I am pretty sure the Desktop is,
                > > but not sure about the device.
                > >
                > > Thank you,
                > > Gaye Jean
                > >
                > > Stephanie,
                > >
                > > The tool that we've chosen will run on the following devices:
                > >
                > > * PalmOS powered device from Palm, Janam, Sony, Symbol, Garmin, Samsung,
                > > Aceeca, Kyocera, Tapwave, and others.
                > > --> For PalmOS devices: PalmOS 3.5 or higher, and Palm Desktop 3.0 or
                > > higher
                > >
                > > * Windows Mobile/Pocket PC compatible device, including PocketPC
                > > 2002/2003/2003SE, Windows Mobile 5, and Windows Mobile 6 Classic &
                > > Professional
                > > * Windows CE.NET 4.2 or higher devices, including industrial handhelds
                > > from Symbol, Intermec, PSC, Psion, Unitech, HHP, and more!
                > > --> For Windows Mobile/Pocket PC/Win CE devices: Microsoft ActiveSync
                > > 3.5 or higher
                > >
                > > We will most likely be developing the Windows Mobile/PocketPC version
                > > first after which we will migrate it over to the Palm. There are no
                > > plans for supporting any other device (yet!)
                > >
                > > Kevin
                > >
                > > Stephanie wrote:
                > > >

                > > > Kevin,
                > > >
                > > > I'm looking into getting a PDA/Palm. I plan to use the new 7.0 g-
                > > > scoutmate on it. What are the system requirements I need so that I can
                > > > run it?
                > > >
                > > > Stephanie

              • Stephaine Bringas
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 11, 2008
                  I think I will do the same thing, I am not the register but I am the trainer and event coordinator so it would make it alot easier on us to track the events and training also run our calendar form there.

                  Thanks

                  Gaye Jean Allen wrote:

                  > Kevin, I have what is probably a dumb question, but I just don't know
                  > enough about it not to ask. My Palm is a Z22 and says it runs the Palm
                  > Desktop version 4.2. Is that adequate? I am pretty sure the Desktop is,
                  > but not sure about the device.
                  >
                  > Thank you,
                  > Gaye Jean
                  >
                  > Stephanie,
                  >
                  > The tool that we've chosen will run on the following devices:
                  >
                  > * PalmOS powered device from Palm, Janam, Sony, Symbol, Garmin, Samsung,
                  > Aceeca, Kyocera, Tapwave, and others.
                  > --> For PalmOS devices: PalmOS 3.5 or higher, and Palm Desktop 3.0 or
                  > higher
                  >
                  > * Windows Mobile/Pocket PC compatible device, including PocketPC
                  > 2002/2003/2003SE, Windows Mobile 5, and Windows Mobile 6 Classic &
                  > Professional
                  > * Windows CE.NET 4.2 or higher devices, including industrial handhelds
                  > from Symbol, Intermec, PSC, Psion, Unitech, HHP, and more!
                  > --> For Windows Mobile/Pocket PC/Win CE devices: Microsoft ActiveSync
                  > 3.5 or higher
                  >
                  > We will most likely be developing the Windows Mobile/PocketPC version
                  > first after which we will migrate it over to the Palm. There are no
                  > plans for supporting any other device (yet!)
                  >
                  > Kevin
                  >
                  > Stephanie wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Kevin,
                  > >
                  > > I'm looking into getting a PDA/Palm. I plan to use the new 7.0 g-
                  > > scoutmate on it. What are the system requirements I need so that I can
                  > > run it?
                  > >
                  > > Stephanie

                  Read reviews on AOL Autos.

                • Stephaine Bringas
                  Message 8 of 20 , Aug 11, 2008
                    Kevin I did not understand the second part of your response to my query "Garnet 5.4" what is this?

                    Stephaine Bringas

                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 11, 2008
                      Stephaine -

                      Garnet 5.4 is the name of the operating system that the Palm Z22 uses.

                      Basically, the PDA version should work on most Palm devices.

                      Kevin

                      Stephaine Bringas wrote:

                      > Kevin I did not understand the second part of your response to my query
                      > "Garnet 5.4" what is this?
                      >
                      > Stephaine Bringas
                      >
                      > Stephaine Bringas <jiujitsugirl_01@...
                      > <mailto:jiujitsugirl_01%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
                      > Was wondering if we were allowed to have software on more then one
                      > deivice, i would like to make my mobile by putting it on my laptop.
                      >
                      > Stephaine Bringas
                      >
                      > Kevin Coleman <kevin@... <mailto:kevin%40kscgroup.com>> wrote:
                      > Yes, this should be fine. I did a quick search and see that your device
                      > OS is Garnet 5.4.
                      >
                      > Kevin
                      >
                      > Gaye Jean Allen wrote:
                      > >

                      > > Kevin, I have what is probably a dumb question, but I just don't know
                      > > enough about it not to ask. My Palm is a Z22 and says it runs the Palm
                      > > Desktop version 4.2. Is that adequate? I am pretty sure the Desktop is,
                      > > but not sure about the device.
                      > >
                      > > Thank you,
                      > > Gaye Jean
                      > >
                      > > Stephanie,
                      > >
                      > > The tool that we've chosen will run on the following devices:
                      > >
                      > > * PalmOS powered device from Palm, Janam, Sony, Symbol, Garmin, Samsung,
                      > > Aceeca, Kyocera, Tapwave, and others.
                      > > --> For PalmOS devices: PalmOS 3.5 or higher, and Palm Desktop 3.0 or
                      > > higher
                      > >
                      > > * Windows Mobile/Pocket PC compatible device, including PocketPC
                      > > 2002/2003/2003SE, Windows Mobile 5, and Windows Mobile 6 Classic &
                      > > Professional
                      > > * Windows CE.NET 4.2 or higher devices, including industrial handhelds
                      > > from Symbol, Intermec, PSC, Psion, Unitech, HHP, and more!
                      > > --> For Windows Mobile/Pocket PC/Win CE devices: Microsoft ActiveSync
                      > > 3.5 or higher
                      > >
                      > > We will most likely be developing the Windows Mobile/PocketPC version
                      > > first after which we will migrate it over to the Palm. There are no
                      > > plans for supporting any other device (yet!)
                      > >
                      > > Kevin
                      > >
                      > > Stephanie wrote:
                      > > >

                      > > > Kevin,
                      > > >
                      > > > I'm looking into getting a PDA/Palm. I plan to use the new 7.0 g-
                      > > > scoutmate on it. What are the system requirements I need so that I can
                      > > > run it?
                      > > >
                      > > > Stephanie

                    • Mary Ann
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 12, 2008
                        Howdy!

                        Is the enhancement list ready yet? I am very excited about the new
                        release and am also wondering if you have a release date yet?

                        Thanks,
                        Mary Ann

                        --- In gscoutmate@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Coleman <kevin@...> wrote:

                        > Mary Ann,
                        >
                        > We haven't put together an enhancement list yet - once a
                        preliminary one
                        > is ready, I'll send it to the YahooGroup.
                        >
                        > It will be released some time in August.
                        >
                        > Kevin
                        >
                        > Mary Ann wrote:
                        > >

                        > > What will version 7 offer that is not included in the current
                        version?
                        > > When will version 7 be available?

                        6/7/2008 11:17 AM

                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 14, 2008
                          Hi Mary Ann,

                          We do not yet have a firm release date yet (now late August/early
                          September) and also do not yet have a "what's new in version 7" list.

                          We're working hard on it; I'll post more details as they become available.

                          Kevin

                        • emsaphire2002@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 20 , Aug 14, 2008
                            I have been trying to update my GS mate with new updates but it keeps saying
                            that
                            operation timed out waiting for response from server socket tools. What does
                            this mean can you advise me?
                            and is this happening to anyone else?

                            Elena

                            Mary Ann wrote:

                            > Howdy!
                            >
                            > Is the enhancement list ready yet? I am very excited about the new
                            > release and am also wondering if you have a release date yet?
                            >
                            > Thanks,
                            > Mary Ann
                            >
                            > --- In _gscoutmate@yahoogrogscoutm_ (mailto:gscoutmate@yahoogroups.com)
                            <mailto:gscoutmate%mailto:gscoutmmai>,
                            > Kevin Coleman <kevin@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Mary Ann,
                            > >
                            > > We haven't put together an enhancement list yet - once a
                            > preliminary one
                            > > is ready, I'll send it to the YahooGroup.
                            > >
                            > > It will be released some time in August.
                            > >
                            > > Kevin
                            > >
                            > > Mary Ann wrote:
                            > > >

                            > > > What will version 7 offer that is not included in the current
                            > version?
                            > > > When will version 7 be available?

                            > 6/7/2008 11:17 AM

                            Read reviews on AOL Autos.

                            Message 13 of 20 , Aug 14, 2008
                              Elena,

                              This may be due to a firewall or some other program on your machine
                              blocking G-Scoutmate's access to the internet.

                              To download the latest update, you can go directly to the "Software
                              Updates" section of our website and follow the prompts.

                              You may want to wait until tomorrow (Friday) which is when we're posting
                              the 6.24 update.

                            • emsaphire2002@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 20 , Aug 14, 2008
                                Thanks will wait until tomorrow

                                In a message dated 8/14/2008 11:50:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                                kevin@... writes:

                                Elena,

                                This may be due to a firewall or some other program on your machine
                                blocking G-Scoutmate'blocking G-Scoutmate'<WBR

                                (_http://autos.http://autos.http://autohttp://autohttp://autos.http://autos.<WBhttp://au_
                                (http://autos.aol.com/cars-Volkswagen-Jetta-2009/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00030000000007)

                                <_http://autos.http://autos.http://autohttp://autohttp://autos.http://autos.<WBhttp://au_
                                (http://autos.aol.com/cars-Volkswagen-Jetta-2009/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00030000000007) >