help with conversion to a new computer

  • LLMAHS@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2001
      Well, I was lucky enough to get a new computer, but my copying of the
      old data for ONLY GSCOUT did not go well. I get error 339 when I try
      to run it. I have no clue where the orginal cd went to. I was running
      5.20b.

      As luck would have it, I am having a GS meeting tommorrow and need to
      have permission slips ready by 2:00

      I am praying someone has their ears on and can help me!

      Laura
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2001
        Hi Laura,

        Congrats on your new computer!

        This error is occurring because you copied the GSCOUT folder over to your
        new computer. However, when you install the software, it copies some files
        to your Windows directory.

        Since you don't have access to the CD, the quickest way to get up and
        running is to download the evaluation copy from our website. When you
        install it, make sure you UNCHECK "Database Files" when asked which
        components to install (which will prevent the overwriting of your data).

        I am going to email you two files that will update your evaluation copy to
        the full version.

        PS: Happy New Year everyone!