Re: Transferring Information Between Two Computers

  • Destiny
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2008
      Will this back eveything up making it so that both computers have the
      same information? I use both everyday and am constantly having to re-
      enter everything, so I must be doing something wrong.

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2008
        It will bring both cpu's to the exact same info that is on the first machine
        you backup. If you have info on the "to be restored" that isn't on the
        first machine you may have to enter it manually then do the backup and
        restore.

        _____

        --- In gscoutmate@yahoogro <mailto:gscoutmate%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
          Ann,

          This should work just fine. I know of at least one person doing it this
          way.

          The automatic backup is saved in your G-Scoutmate program folder (most
          likely c:\program files\gscoutmate60), so you'll have an automatic
          backup there as well as the data file on your jump drive. I do agree
          that another backup be done periodically to another removable media
          (i.e., another jump drive or an external hard drive).

          Kevin