importing an export file

  • Kris
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2007
      I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

      My laptop crashed, so I went to my old pc and transfered my "backup"
      file from the PC to the laptop and restored my data (up through
      September.)

      Then, in November I had emailed an export file to my co-leader. I lost
      the data that I had sent her, but she still had the data that I sent
      her, so she emailed it back to me. I received a file, gsexport.zip.

      Now, when I try to import that data, I get an error message that it
      does not appear to be a correct import file. (Because its an export?)

      What does she need to do to get the data to me in the correct file type
      so that I don't have to try to replicate September through mid-November
      by hand . . . . . if possible.

      Thanks!

      Kristin
    • poshtown
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2007
        Kristen,

        It sounds like everything you did was correct. The default filename
        is gsexport.zip.

        Do you have a zip utility on your machine (such as winzip). If so,
        open up the gsexport.zip file. There should be a file in there named
        EXPORTRECORDS.MDB. If this is the case, then this is probably a
        valid file and we need to look further into this issue. If the file
        is blank, then there's nothing in there.

        Email me directly (kevin@...) with the results, and we'll
        investigate why it isn't working.

        Kevin

        --- In gscoutmate@yahoogroups.com, "Kris" <aasheik@...> wrote:

        > I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.
        >
        > My laptop crashed, so I went to my old pc and transfered
        my "backup"
        > file from the PC to the laptop and restored my data (up through
        > September.)
        >
        > Then, in November I had emailed an export file to my co-leader. I
        lost
        > the data that I had sent her, but she still had the data that I
        sent
        > her, so she emailed it back to me. I received a file,
        gsexport.zip.

        > Now, when I try to import that data, I get an error message that it
        > does not appear to be a correct import file. (Because its an
        export?)

        > What does she need to do to get the data to me in the correct file
        type
        > so that I don't have to try to replicate September through mid-
        November
        > by hand . . . . . if possible.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Kristin

      • aasheik
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2007
          Thanks,

          In the meantime, my co was over and using her yahoo mail downloaded the
          files right to my desktop and then they were fine. I suspect it was
          something with AOL and the way they opened (no longer were zip files).
          Anyway, it resolved the issue and I have up to mid-November so only a little
          bit of re-entering.

          Thank you,

          Kristin