MDB files

  • howl4howell
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
      Hi,
      I done this before and was able to salvage my files. However, this
      time the program says the files are restored but nothing shows up.
      I husband used the backup wizard to safe all my computer info. to a
      backup drive before we had some work done on my computer.
      I reloaded the program and tried to restore the info and nothing. I
      tried importing the files and it states it doesn't appear to be a
      valid import file. I've tried to use the zip folder and used it
      unziped. The MDB files I do find have modified dates from 5-6 months
      ago even though I regularly backup the information.
      What other suggestions do you have.
      Debbie
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
        Debbie,

        Please look at the following knowledgebase document:

        http://www.kscgroup.com/kbase/lookup.asp?IDNum=70

        This should resolve the problem you're having.

        At 10:52 PM 12/3/2006, you wrote:

        >Hi,
        >I done this before and was able to salvage my files. However, this
        >time the program says the files are restored but nothing shows up.
        >I husband used the backup wizard to safe all my computer info. to a
        >backup drive before we had some work done on my computer.
        >I reloaded the program and tried to restore the info and nothing. I
        >tried importing the files and it states it doesn't appear to be a
        >valid import file. I've tried to use the zip folder and used it
        >unziped. The MDB files I do find have modified dates from 5-6 months
        >ago even though I regularly backup the information.
        >What other suggestions do you have.
        >Debbie

      • howl4howell
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2006
          Hi Kevin,
          Well I did get some info back but it is all from May or earlier.
          None of this years work is in it. I also have gotten a message more
          than once that a GSCOUT.INI. file is messing or corrupt. Then it
          sends me back to the start up as if I had a trial version and asks
          for the toop # but will not take the Troop type. Once I enter the #
          it runs for a while before the message recurs.

          What next,
          Debbie