Re: Event Area - suggestion

  • annkantola
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3, 2006
      Heather,

      That's a great suggestion. I ask to have a total of the $$ and
      number of people at the bottom of the page, but I wouldn't need to
      print it until I'm ready to make the reservation in which I could
      just take them off the list.

      Thanks,
      Ann

      --- In gscoutmate@yahoogroups.com, "Heather W." <heather74@...>
      wrote:

      > On 6/29/06, annkantola <akantola@...> wrote:
      > > Or someho
      > > mark them off the non attending list as "contacted" or "can't
      go".

      > I tend to keep track of the yes/no/maybes on paper sign up sheets
      and
      > then transfer the info to GSmate after the event, sso I'm not sure
      how
      > practical this would be, but couldn't you move the "no's" to the
      > "attendees" side and put in some obviously out of place amount paid
      > (again, I don't use it, so I don't know what the max number is, but
      > something like 999) while you're trying to track and then remove
      them
      > at the end?
      >
      > I realize it's not ideal, but between now and when it's updated,
      maybe
      > it would work.
      >
      > Heather
      > --
      > Heather Weller
      > Leader, Brownie Troop #877
      > Montachusett Council, central Massachusetts
      > heather74@...

    • Lisa McGeoch
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 3, 2006
        This what I do. I hope this helps. If they gave me a permission slip
        and the money if needed. I mark them as attended. After the event and
        someone got sick or something and did not attend I just mark back to non
        attended.

        It makes it very simple to keep track of who I think is going.
        Especially when you have to register, also is great if you need to send
        a bus list when registering for an event.

        Thanks,
        Lisa Troops 320,521,276
      • Susie
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 6, 2006
          Yes, I see your point!

          I'd like a way to toggle their replies beforehand, maybe Y, N, ? that way I
          can tell who I haven't heard from. I can mark them as having attended after
          the event, or before if the event needs a roster.

          Currently, I printout a grid from Excel that I fill in the top columns (by
          hand) for what I need to know...who is coming, who has given me a slip, who
          did I give a patch to.....what ever. I print a new one when I've used the
          columns on the old one.

          Susie

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 6, 2006
            Susie,

            You mentioned at Excel Spreadsheet. Have you used the "checklist"
            from the "other reports" menu. You can create your own captions at
            the top of each column. I use it for meetings. Attendance, Dues ,
            pay type, events payments, permission slips, etc. When I sit down at
            the computer after a meeting or event, I enter everything
            right off the form. I would love it if this report would load
            directly into Excel, so it could add the columns up for me, (Kevin -
            wink), but it does it's job well.

            FYI
            Ann