Report output options

  • bbrenner@xxxxxxx.xx.xx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 1999
      Hello,

      First let me introduce myself, my name is Barbara Brenner and I am a Brownie
      Leader. I have used Cubmate (DOS version) for the past 2 years for Cub
      Scouts. I was very successful with the product and decided it would be in
      my best interest to use G-Scoutmate. I have loaded all the scout info. and
      adult info. and was able to run queries on the criteria I needed. I was
      quite pleased. I also have run the different canned reports and liked the
      printed output. I do have 1 question, in Cubmate I was given options for
      my report output. I not only had the printed option, but I also have the
      ability to view the report on my screen or send it to a save file which
      would prompt you for a save file name. These options as far as I can tell
      do not exist. Do I have these options available to me? If they do please
      let me know. I am most interested in the save option. In the past with
      Cubmate I have exported these reports into Excel and created all different
      types of custom reports.
      I will be anxiously waiting your response.

      Barbara Brenner
    • C. M. Cox
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 1999
        At 12:04 PM 1/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
        >From: bbrenner@... (Barbara Brenner)
        >
        >Hello,
        >
        >First let me introduce myself, my name is Barbara Brenner and I am a Brownie
        >Leader. I have used Cubmate (DOS version) for the past 2 years for Cub
        >Scouts. I was very successful with the product and decided it would be in
        >my best interest to use G-Scoutmate. I have loaded all the scout info. and
        >adult info. and was able to run queries on the criteria I needed. I was
        >quite pleased. I also have run the different canned reports and liked the
        >printed output. I do have 1 question, in Cubmate I was given options for
        >my report output. I not only had the printed option, but I also have the
        >ability to view the report on my screen or send it to a save file which
        >would prompt you for a save file name. These options as far as I can tell
        >do not exist. Do I have these options available to me? If they do please
        >let me know. I am most interested in the save option. In the past with
        >Cubmate I have exported these reports into Excel and created all different
        >types of custom reports.
        >I will be anxiously waiting your response.
        >
        >Barbara Brenner
        >
        >Hi Barb, I'm Carolle.

        I've used all these products for many years: Cub when "we" were that age
        (I even used it to keep up with a Day Camp I ran!), ScoutMate, MeritBadge
        Councilor Master, and now GScoutMate. I can't find that option, either!
        KKKEEEVVVIIINNN!!!!!
        Best of everything,

      • DashElec@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 1999
          Barbara:

          I just purchased mine in December.

          I am having the same problems

          Jennifer Blondina
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 1999
            Hi Barbara,

            You're in luck. You can now export your reports by downloading an update
            from the web site (http://members.aol.com/kevinc1081). Go to the "Updates"
            section, and download and install the "G-Scoutmate Report Section Update".
            This will allow you to send any report to a file in either Text or Rich
            Text Format. The Rich Text Format allows you to keep some of the
            attributes such as font, bold, italics, etc. The text format is plain text.

            Also, when you select a report, it pops up with the "Print Preview" window.
            I'm hoping this is what you're asking for below (when you ask for the
            ability to look at your report on the screen).

            At 12:04 PM 01/04/1999 -0500, you wrote:
            >From: bbrenner@... (Barbara Brenner)
            >
            >Hello,
            >
            >First let me introduce myself, my name is Barbara Brenner and I am a Brownie
            >Leader. I have used Cubmate (DOS version) for the past 2 years for Cub
            >Scouts. I was very successful with the product and decided it would be in
            >my best interest to use G-Scoutmate. I have loaded all the scout info. and
            >adult info. and was able to run queries on the criteria I needed. I was
            >quite pleased. I also have run the different canned reports and liked the
            >printed output. I do have 1 question, in Cubmate I was given options for
            >my report output. I not only had the printed option, but I also have the
            >ability to view the report on my screen or send it to a save file which
            >would prompt you for a save file name. These options as far as I can tell
            >do not exist. Do I have these options available to me? If they do please
            >let me know. I am most interested in the save option. In the past with
            >Cubmate I have exported these reports into Excel and created all different
            >types of custom reports.
            >I will be anxiously waiting your response.
            >
            >Barbara Brenner

            Girl, Boy and Cub Scout Troop Management Software!
            Web Site: http://members.aol.com/kevinc1081
            Email : kcoleman@...
          • Sally Casagrande
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 1999
              I have an older version of GScoutmate, but I just type Alt S at the print
              screen and it shows on the screen instead of to the printer. Don't know if
              this option has been removed or not though.
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 4, 1999
                Hi Sandy,

                You are correct when referring to the DOS version of G-Scoutmate.

                When you select a report on the Windows version, a print preview window
                appears with the data in it.