Re: Adults in Multple troops?

  • Dawnette
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2006
      --- In gscoutmate@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer" <chekilborn@...> wrote:

      > My question is, what is the best way
      > to handle adults that are members of multiple troops.
      > A Leader in one and an Assistant Leader in another.
      > Do you have to enter that person's data in the
      > database twice?
      >
      > I searched the messages, but could not find a current answer.
      > I just in the past few months added the software to track my
      Service
      > Unit.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Registrar in VA
      > Jen K.

      If you choose Adult Records and go to Relatives/Troop info., you can
      use the Troops Assigned To function to add other troops for that
      adult. You can list positions held, with the appropriate troop
      numbers in the Positions section.

      ~D. Thompson, CA
    • Lisa McGeoch
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2006
        In Event central, I see two buttons "Turned In" and "Didn't Turn In"

        I assume that they have somehow keep track of your permission slips. I
        tried to play with the buttons and selecting people and pushing the
        button and nothing happened.

        How do you use these magical buttons? Can you use them in conjunction
        with Ask Gscoutmate?

        This is how I do it now...When some one gives me a permission slip I
        just add them to the attended list and after the event if they gave me a
        slip but didn't attend I just remove them from the list. I would rather
        have a more accurate way to keep track of permission slips and who went
        and who didn't.

        Thanks,
        Lisa Troop 320,276,521
      • aasheik
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2006
          One you move the girl into the ATTENDED column, you can check the buttons.
          I thought maybe that you had to have a permission slip (scoutmate-generated)
          attached to it, so I tried it both with one we did use a permission slip
          with and one we didn't and the x showed up with both so you don't have to
          have one attached to the event. It doesn't seem to "stick" unless the girl
          is added to the attended column though, not before hand.

          On 4/1/06, Lisa McGeoch <lisa@...> wrote:

          > In Event central, I see two buttons "Turned In" and "Didn't Turn In"
          >
          > I assume that they have somehow keep track of your permission slips. I
          > tried to play with the buttons and selecting people and pushing the
          > button and nothing happened.
          >
          > How do you use these magical buttons? Can you use them in conjunction
          > with Ask Gscoutmate?
          >

          > This is how I do it now...When some one gives me a permission slip I
          > just add them to the attended list and after the event if they gave me a
          > slip but didn't attend I just remove them from the list. I would rather
          > have a more accurate way to keep track of permission slips and who went
          > and who didn't.
          >

          > Thanks,
          > Lisa Troop 320,276,521
          >

          > To unsubscribe, please send an email to
          > gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Lisa McGeoch
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
            Thank you for your help...A girl cannot attend if she doesn't have a
            permission slip so I guess I won't use those buttons.
            Thank you very much,
            Lisa

            aasheik wrote:

            > One you move the girl into the ATTENDED column, you can check the buttons.
            > I thought maybe that you had to have a permission slip
            > (scoutmate-generated)
            > attached to it, so I tried it both with one we did use a permission slip
            > with and one we didn't and the x showed up with both so you don't have to
            > have one attached to the event. It doesn't seem to "stick" unless
            > the girl
            > is added to the attended column though, not before hand.
            >
            > On 4/1/06, Lisa McGeoch <lisa@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > In Event central, I see two buttons "Turned In" and "Didn't Turn In"
            > >
            > > I assume that they have somehow keep track of your permission slips. I
            > > tried to play with the buttons and selecting people and pushing the
            > > button and nothing happened.
            > >
            > > How do you use these magical buttons? Can you use them in conjunction
            > > with Ask Gscoutmate?
            > >

            > > This is how I do it now...When some one gives me a permission slip I
            > > just add them to the attended list and after the event if they gave me a
            > > slip but didn't attend I just remove them from the list. I would rather
            > > have a more accurate way to keep track of permission slips and who went
            > > and who didn't.
            > >

            > > Thanks,
            > > Lisa Troop 320,276,521
            > >

            > > To unsubscribe, please send an email to
            > > gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          • Heather W.
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
              On 4/3/06, Lisa McGeoch <lisa@...> wrote:
              > Thank you for your help...A girl cannot attend if she doesn't have a
              > permission slip so I guess I won't use those buttons.

              Usually I track permission slips physically instead of with the
              program (I try to hand them out and get them back at the same time),
              but if it were for something more longterm, I could see using GSmate.

              There's no reason you can't move someone into the "attended" column
              before the event to mark they turned in a permission slip then remove
              them if they end up not attending for some reason.

              Heather
              --
              Heather Weller
              Leader, Brownie Troop #877
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
                Hi I am 01 of three troops totally over forty girls.

                I keep all of my physical permission slips in separate files. 1 file
                is the ones I have already put into GScoutmate as attended, the other is
                the ones I haven't. This way I can keep track of who is going, make a
                bus list if I need to and later I can keep track if we earned a badge.

                When it comes up to an event I just pluck the filed permission slips and
                staple them together with my troop folder and away I go.

                With a few troops right now I am dealing with permission slips for six
                different events for over forty girls.

                So to use those buttons would be really confusing to me if you can only
                alter them as attended.

                But again thank you for letting me know how to use them.

                Lisa