Re: [gscoutmate] Relatives

  • Marie Carra
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2005
      I'm having problems just adding relatives to the girls' records. How do I
      do that? I can't seem to find the information on 'help'. Thanks. Marie
    • Sharon Pope
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2005
        You add them under the Adult Tab at the top and place a check in the box that says "relative only" (near the top of the form). Then just link them to the appropriate girls. At least this is what I do. If there's another way I don't know about it.

        Marie Carra <imc@...> wrote:I'm having problems just adding relatives to the girls' records. How do I
        do that? I can't seem to find the information on 'help'. Thanks. Marie

        Computer software spy Computer security software Computer virus software Computer software Girl scout fund raising Scouting camera

      • Brownie Troop 17 (Angie)
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2005
          When adding a girl's relative from the girl's record use the "quick entry of
          relative" button. It looks like a lightening bolt.

          Add in the information and then click, "Save Person".

          I like to link husbands and wives. That you do under the adult tab. Select
          either the husband and wife, select modify, under show which records, select
          adults, find the spouse and select relationship. Save. You only have to do
          this to one adult, the other adult will automatically reflect the link.
        • Marie Carra
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2005
            Well, I sure can't find what you are talking about. Adult Tab ----where is
            that? I'm totally lost, I guess.
          • Brownie Troop 17 (Angie)
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2005
              Adult Tab = Adult Records or Adult Information

              If you look at the top of the program window it says....

              File - Girl Scout Records - Adult Records - Ask G-Scoutmate - and so on...

              If you prefer to use the buttons below the words the Girl Scout information
              is first and then it's Adult Information.
            • Heather W.
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2005
                On 10/1/05, Marie Carra <imc@...> wrote:
                > I'm having problems just adding relatives to the girls' records. How do I
                > do that? I can't seem to find the information on 'help'.

                There are two (at least) ways to do this when you're first entering a
                girl and her relatives, and only one I know of when you're adding
                relatives AFTER the girl is entered.

                To enter a new girl AND relatives for the first time, you can go to
                Girl Scout Records (either the menu next to the file listing, or the
                first picture of a face on the left side of the screen - the second is
                the adult), select "Quick Entry" (Unless I'd missed this for ages,
                this is a new feature on version 6.10, so if you haven't updated in
                the past several months, you may need to do that first). I *love*
                this for entering new girls - it's all on one page to get the basic
                stuff, and allows you to add relatives right on the same page.

                The other way to enter a new girl and relatives is basically the same
                as entering realtives to exisiting girls: first, enter the girl
                however you normally do.

                Then enter the relative. After you enter the name, when you go to the
                address section, there's a tab that says "Same address as?" and you
                can pick someone who already is in the system. Same with phone
                numbers.

                Then, save all that, and in either the Girl Scout Record or Adult
                Record window, choose the second tab for Relatives/Troop info. Make
                sure you click on "Modify" (or Control-E), and in the box labelled
                "Show which records?" choose either girls, adults, or both. If you
                choose girls, only girls will show up on the drop down "Person" menu,
                if you choose adults, only adults show up there, and if you choose
                both, well, you can imagine what shows up ;-)

                Choose the person you want to make the record you're in related to,
                choose the relationship, choose if they're a guardian, and you're set.

                It's SO much easier to do it from that quick entry, though, if you're
                starting new records! :)

                Hope that helps!

                Heather (still trying to figure out how to add foster parents... am I
                really the first person to run into this??)
                --
                Heather Weller
                Leader, Brownie Troop #877
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 12, 2005
                  Hi Heather,

                  Interesting... I haven't had this request before.

                  A "relationship" must be selected in order for the relative link to be saved.

                  I will add Foster Mother and Foster Father to the list in the next update.

                  Would this suffice?

                  At 06:43 AM 10/5/2005, you wrote:
                  >I was doing a quick entry of a new girl in our troop who lives with
                  >foster parents. When I came to the relatives part, I put in her
                  >foster mother and foster father, but finding no relationship listed
                  >that fit, I just skipped that - I just figured it would be a blank
                  >spot.
                  >
                  >But now they're not showing up in the relatives/troop info tab for the
                  >girl's record.
                  >
                  >Interestingly, they ARE among the other adults in the adult record
                  >section, but again, the girl is not listed as their relative.
                  >
                  >When I do a phone/address roster, the foster parents' names don't show
                  >up on the list.
                  >
                  >I don't know that in the grand scheme of my use of the program it
                  >matters if I call them mother/father without the foster, but it feels
                  >wrong to me. I also couldn't find a place to add other relationships
                  >with the manage lists feature.
                  >
                  >Suggestions?
                  >
                  >Heather
                  >--
                  >Heather Weller
                  >Leader, Brownie Troop #877
                  >Montachusett Council, central Massachusetts
                  >heather74@...

                  >software spy
                  ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+security+software&w1=Computer+software+spy&w2=Computer+security+software&w3=Computer+virus+software&w4=Computer+software&w5=Girl+scout+fund+raising&w6=Scouting+camera&c=6&s=161&.sig=Z-HBgsX_NUYIp2xy21BVEA>Computer
                  >security software
                  ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+virus+software&w1=Computer+software+spy&w2=Computer+security+software&w3=Computer+virus+software&w4=Computer+software&w5=Girl+scout+fund+raising&w6=Scouting+camera&c=6&s=161&.sig=XuqcTc_rg1Chey19_566MA>Computer
                  >virus software
                  ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+software&w1=Computer+software+spy&w2=Computer+security+software&w3=Computer+virus+software&w4=Computer+software&w5=Girl+scout+fund+raising&w6=Scouting+camera&c=6&s=161&.sig=eHHGqYs2jGbEte_lVptdlA>Computer
                  >software
                  ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Girl+scout+fund+raising&w1=Computer+software+spy&w2=Computer+security+software&w3=Computer+virus+software&w4=Computer+software&w5=Girl+scout+fund+raising&w6=Scouting+camera&c=6&s=161&.sig=fyJ-IuuIxuMtkexaq4DIWw>Girl
                  >scout fund raising
                  ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Scouting+camera&w1=Computer+software+spy&w2=Computer+security+software&w3=Computer+virus+software&w4=Computer+software&w5=Girl+scout+fund+raising&w6=Scouting+camera&c=6&s=161&.sig=tgc3pV8FttRouKmOf5eUfA>Scouting
                  >camera

                  > *

                • Heather W.
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 16, 2005
                    On 10/12/05, Kevin Coleman <kevin@...> wrote:
                    > A "relationship" must be selected in order for the relative link to be saved.
                    >
                    > I will add Foster Mother and Foster Father to the list in the next update.
                    >
                    > Would this suffice?

                    It would, though a generic "other relative" would also work for me,
                    and others who may have the same issue with a different relationship.

                    Heather