Re: import/export

  • Jenfo92994@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 2, 1999
      A few weeks ago a virus on my boot record ruined a lot of my work in my old
      computer. I went and bought a new computer. On my old computer, where the
      "geeks" were able to recover everything, I stuck in a good diskette and
      exported all my girls records, I thought. I had made a back-up of my old
      data about six months ago. At any rate, when I brought the diskette to the
      new computer and told it to import the records, it made the old chugging
      sound as if it was working feverishly on my request (yeah, right), but I
      cannot find those files that I imported. Where do you think they could be?
      Oh, by the way, the boot virus could not be cleaned from my GS record
      diskettes, so they had to be reformatted. Of course, THOSE records are
      certainly gone now. (my fault)
      Jennifer
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 2, 1999
        Jennifer... are there any files on that diskette at all? Look at the disk
        using Windows Explorer (file manager) and see if anything shows up... for
        the import files, it will (by default) only show those files with a certain
        extension. You may have given it a different extension. Hopefully it is
        still there... let me know. Kevin

        Web Site: http://members.aol.com/kevinc1081
        Email : kcoleman@...
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 2, 1999
          Oh... I reread the message and saw that you reformatted the diskettes which
          is pretty much unrecoverable... sorry about all the retyping you'll have to
          do. In the mean time (so that you don't have to go through it again), try
          doing a test export and seeing if it completes successfully... thanks, Kevin
          At 08:04 AM 8/2/1999 EDT, you wrote:
          >From: Jenfo92994@...
          >
          >A few weeks ago a virus on my boot record ruined a lot of my work in my old
          >computer. I went and bought a new computer. On my old computer, where the
          >"geeks" were able to recover everything, I stuck in a good diskette and
          >exported all my girls records, I thought. I had made a back-up of my old
          >data about six months ago. At any rate, when I brought the diskette to the
          >new computer and told it to import the records, it made the old chugging
          >sound as if it was working feverishly on my request (yeah, right), but I
          >cannot find those files that I imported. Where do you think they could be?
          >Oh, by the way, the boot virus could not be cleaned from my GS record
          >diskettes, so they had to be reformatted. Of course, THOSE records are
          >certainly gone now. (my fault)
          >Jennifer

          >Congratulations DALMATIANRESCUE. Our latest ONElist of the week.
          >To see full story and submit YOUR ONElist story, go to
          >http://www.onelist.com/info/ootw_19.html

          Web Site: http://members.aol.com/kevinc1081
          Email : kcoleman@...
        • Kathi Kovacic
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 15, 2003
            Hi there - we are new users and my co-leader and I are trying to match records. When I export, she can't seem to import. It tells us that the import is complete but when we open the records there is nothing there. We have tried following the directions in the HELPS area so if anyone else can help us we would sure appreciate it. Thanks, KD

          • lisal lingle
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 15, 2003
              I have the program on two different computers, so I
              import and export to both. One thing to make sure is
              that you (select all). All of the girls and parents
              names will turn blue. Then you need to send it to a
              drive, like I put the information on a floppy, and
              then label the records, then save. then back at the
              program you have to hit the export key. This should
              work. If not write back. Lisa
              --- Kathi Kovacic <momsy74@...> wrote:
              > Hi there - we are new users and my co-leader and I
              > are trying to match records. When I export, she
              > can't seem to import. It tells us that the import is
              > complete but when we open the records there is
              > nothing there. We have tried following the
              > directions in the HELPS area so if anyone else can
              > help us we would sure appreciate it. Thanks, KD

              > removed]

              =====
              Lisa Lingle

              http://sbc.yahoo.com
            • April Clark
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 11, 2003
                I am trying (have been trying for a month) to export my Troop info so that I can do things from both my home computer and my office computer. Everytime I try to export though I get error 3075. I have shut down, closed everything and I still get it. HELP!

                Have a NICe day!
                April
                Co-Leader Junior Troop 6139
                AOL IM: ApRoKaClark
                MSN Messenger: ApRoKa@...
                ICQ: 51504190

              • April Clark
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 18, 2003
                  I have just been trying to save to my desktop, no floppies or CD's here yet.
                  Thanks for replying so fast!

                  April
                • poshtown
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 18, 2003
                    April,

                    Please take a look at the following link:

                    http://www.kscgroup.com/kbase/lookup.asp?IDNum=30

                    If you still receive errors while exporting, email me directly at
                    support@....

                  • kmbcurtis@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 16, 2005
                      Kevin:

                      I recently added new patrol names. When I exported the girl information to
                      another computer, it did not carry over the new patrols as the new list was
                      not included. I caught it right away & just did a back-up/restore to make
                      sure my computers were in sync, but just wanted to let you know.

                      Thanks,
                      Karen C.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 16, 2005
                        Karen,

                        Yes, that's correct. The patrol information WILL transfer with your girls,
                        however the list itself will not. I have on our suggestions list exactly
                        that -- being able to export and import lists -- and it will make it into a
                        future update.

                        At 11:30 AM 2/16/2005, you wrote:
                        >Kevin:
                        >
                        >I recently added new patrol names. When I exported the girl information to
                        >another computer, it did not carry over the new patrols as the new list was
                        >not included. I caught it right away & just did a back-up/restore to make
                        >sure my computers were in sync, but just wanted to let you know.
                        >
                        >Thanks,
                        >Karen C.

                        >To unsubscribe, please send an email to
                        >gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                        >

                        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                        ><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129itsma0/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705066162:HM/EXP=1108670046/A=2532114/R=2/SIG=12kss9hnb/*http://clk.atdmt.com/NFX/go/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=1108583646679899>
                        >[]

                        > *
                        > <mailto:gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                        >
                        > *
                      • barbara starr
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 21, 2006
                          I know Kevin is very busy. But I know that he refers people to the website or doesn't understand that people have problems understand the "wizard" for import/export. In fact there is a section in the wizard that is confusing because the words send/receive or import/export are used for the same meaning.

                          Anyway-when you want to export a file, first you are going to save it somewhere on your computer-you can save it on your desktop so you can find it. Name your file something that will help you find it and know if it is newest version. First, you save your file,then you e-mail your friend and send it to her as an attachment-then she needs to download it to the g-soutmate file probably in the program files folder on her computer. You are right,, this will over-write her files...the wizard will ask if she wants to overwrite but I'm not sure I know what option she chose chose...need to read the knowledge base again...