help with badges

  • Jessica
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      I have a Daisy troop and am trying to update the petals they have
      earned. When I go to the petals in the advancement section for an
      individual girl, I highlight the petal I want to add and the
      add/remove buttons do not work. If I double click on the petal name
      it does move it over, but if I want to remove the petal (I clicked
      the wrong one) I cannot remove it from the list. Each girl has
      earned different petals. Some have one color that the others do
      not, etc. Also when in the adult screen, at the bottom it says
      current postion:none. How do I change that?

      Thank you,
      Jessica Ferguson
    • Susie
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
        I can answer this one!

        There are two ways to add the petals (OK, three, if you use Global Update)

        The first way is to bring up the girl's record, click <Modify> and then go
        to the advancement screen. Then go down to **

        The second way is to bring up a girl's record, go to the advancement screen
        and press <Ctrl-E> (on a PC, I have no idea about fruit computers), then go
        to**

        **When you select a petal on the right, you cam click on <Add> to move it
        over to the left (earned). You then need to select it on the left to change
        any details (awarded, complete, comments, etc.) If you moved a petal by
        mistake, you can also select it on the left and click <Remove>.

        Global Update is a whole other thing, and, if you are adding the same info
        to more than one girl, it's much faster...you can pick and choose the girls,
        so not all need to get the same award.

        As far as the adults and their positions..........Bring up the adult's
        record, click <Modify> and then click the "Troop Leader" button (which is
        for all positions). Here you can add the info at the bottom and then click
        <Add Position>. {{Note...if you get to the position screen with out first
        clicking <Modify>, and you want to change something, simply press <Ctrl-E>}}

        I hope this helps!

        Susie
      • Jessica
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
          Thank you!!! I didn't realize I had to be in modify in order to
          change things on other screens! I feel really silly now, but thanks
          so much!

          Jessica

          --- In gscoutmate@yahoogroups.com, "Susie" <catluvr@w...> wrote:
          > I can answer this one!
          >
          > There are two ways to add the petals (OK, three, if you use Global
          Update)

          > The first way is to bring up the girl's record, click <Modify> and
          then go
          > to the advancement screen. Then go down to **
          >
          > The second way is to bring up a girl's record, go to the
          advancement screen
          > and press <Ctrl-E> (on a PC, I have no idea about fruit
          computers), then go
          > to**
          >
          > **When you select a petal on the right, you cam click on <Add> to
          move it
          > over to the left (earned). You then need to select it on the left
          to change
          > any details (awarded, complete, comments, etc.) If you moved a
          petal by
          > mistake, you can also select it on the left and click <Remove>.
          >
          > Global Update is a whole other thing, and, if you are adding the
          same info
          > to more than one girl, it's much faster...you can pick and choose
          the girls,
          > so not all need to get the same award.
          >
          > As far as the adults and their positions..........Bring up the
          adult's
          > record, click <Modify> and then click the "Troop Leader" button
          (which is
          > for all positions). Here you can add the info at the bottom and
          then click
          > <Add Position>. {{Note...if you get to the position screen with
          out first
          > clicking <Modify>, and you want to change something, simply press
          <Ctrl-E>}}

          > I hope this helps!
          >
          > Susie
        • Heather W.
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2005
            On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:20:18 -0600, Susie <catluvr@...> wrote:

            > {{Note...if you get to the position screen with out first
            > clicking <Modify>, and you want to change something, simply press <Ctrl-E>}}

            Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am forever getting into one of
            those other screens forgetting to click on modify first, that will
            save me a few clicks and grumbles at my lack of memory.

            Heather
            --
            Heather Weller
            Leader, Brownie Troop #877