permission slips

  • Dave and Carol Friihauf
    Message 1 of 30 , Jun 18, 1999
      There has been some disucssion on the WAGGGS-L list concerning permission
      slips. It was about adding a sign off for applying sunscreen and insect
      repellent, and in some cases tylenol - etc. My council has approved such
      information being on the permission slip. So, Kevin, any way we can add a
      text box to the permission slip where we can add additional medical
      sign-offs?

      Example:

      The troop first aider has my permission to administer the following if
      necessary:
      Bug spray: Yes______ No________
      sun screen: Yes:_______ NO:________
      Tylenol / Morton: Yes:______ No:________
      All other medications will be provided by parents with the child's name on
      it. All prescription medications must be in the original bottle.

      Thanks,
      Carol Friihauf
      friihauf@...
      Western Reserve Girl Scout Council
      Twinsburg, Ohio
      District Coordinator, Leader Troops 1002, 1113, Life Member
      Message 2 of 30 , Jun 19, 1999
        Hi Carol,

        You certainly can... to do so, (from the main menu) go to "Utilities" and
        "List Management". Select the "Permission Slip Information Section". Here
        is where you can change the information section of the permission slip.

        At 09:31 AM 06/18/1999 -0400, you wrote:
        >From: "Dave and Carol Friihauf" <friihauf@...>
        >
        >There has been some disucssion on the WAGGGS-L list concerning permission
        >slips. It was about adding a sign off for applying sunscreen and insect
        >repellent, and in some cases tylenol - etc. My council has approved such
        >information being on the permission slip. So, Kevin, any way we can add a
        >text box to the permission slip where we can add additional medical
        >sign-offs?
        >
        >Example:
        >
        >The troop first aider has my permission to administer the following if
        >necessary:
        >Bug spray: Yes______ No________
        >sun screen: Yes:_______ NO:________
        >Tylenol / Morton: Yes:______ No:________
        >All other medications will be provided by parents with the child's name on
        >it. All prescription medications must be in the original bottle.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >Carol Friihauf
        >friihauf@...
        >Western Reserve Girl Scout Council
        >Twinsburg, Ohio
        >District Coordinator, Leader Troops 1002, 1113, Life Member
      • Sandra Roberts
        Message 3 of 30 , Apr 6, 2004
          Kevin,

          Any word on the date for the Lake Erie Council permission slip?

          Thanks

          Sandy

          Message 4 of 30 , Apr 6, 2004
            Sandra,

            I plan on completing several permission slips this weekend. We put aside
            Lake Erie's due to it being so long (3 pages... a three page permission slip!).

            If this doesn't sound right to you, then please let me know (I downloaded
            it from their web site).

            Otherwise, I hope to have it ready for you on Monday morning.

            Kevin

            At 01:53 PM 4/6/2004 -0400, you wrote:
            >Kevin,
            >
            >Any word on the date for the Lake Erie Council permission slip?
            >
            >Thanks
            >
            >Sandy

            >To unsubscribe, please send an email to
            >gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            >
            >1c5df36.jpg

            > *
            > <mailto:gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            >
            > *

          • Sandra Roberts
            Message 5 of 30 , Apr 7, 2004
              Your right, it's a long one. That is why we are anxious to be able to use
              it. Monday sounds just great!

              Thanks

              Sandy
              > I plan on completing several permission slips this weekend. We put aside
              > Lake Erie's due to it being so long (3 pages... a three page permission
              slip!).

              > If this doesn't sound right to you, then please let me know (I downloaded
              > it from their web site).
              >
              > Otherwise, I hope to have it ready for you on Monday morning.
              >
              > Kevin
              >
              > At 01:53 PM 4/6/2004 -0400, you wrote:
              > >Kevin,
              > >
              > >Any word on the date for the Lake Erie Council permission slip?
              > >
              > >Thanks
              > >
              > >Sandy

              > >To unsubscribe, please send an email to
              > >gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              > >

              > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              > >
              > >1c5df36.jpg

              outmate/

              > > *
              > > *

              > > *

              gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Sandra Roberts
              Message 6 of 30 , Apr 14, 2004
                Kevin,

                Any new word on the permission slip for Lake Erie Council? You had thought
                by Monday it might be done. I noticed that there is still not a down load
                for it.

                Thanks

                Sandy

                > I plan on completing several permission slips this weekend. We put aside
                > Lake Erie's due to it being so long (3 pages... a three page permission
                slip!).

                > If this doesn't sound right to you, then please let me know (I downloaded
                > it from their web site).
                >
                > Otherwise, I hope to have it ready for you on Monday morning.
                >
                > Kevin
                >
                > At 01:53 PM 4/6/2004 -0400, you wrote:
                > >Kevin,
                > >
                > >Any word on the date for the Lake Erie Council permission slip?
                > >
                > >Thanks
                > >
                > >Sandy

                > >To unsubscribe, please send an email to
                > >gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                > >

                > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                > >
                > >1c5df36.jpg

                outmate/

                Message 7 of 30 , Apr 14, 2004
                  Sandy,

                  Not yet... I'll let you know as soon as it's up.

                  Should be a couple of more days.

                • Sandra Roberts
                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 14, 2004
                    tomorrow by noon would be wonderful, if possible on your end.

                    (just wishing)
                    > Not yet... I'll let you know as soon as it's up.
                    >
                    > Should be a couple of more days.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Kevin
                    > At 09:09 AM 4/14/2004 -0400, you wrote:
                    > >Kevin,
                    > >
                    > >Any new word on the permission slip for Lake Erie Council? You had
                    thought
                    > >by Monday it might be done. I noticed that there is still not a down
                    load
                    > >for it.
                    > >
                    > >Thanks
                    > >
                    > >Sandy

                  • Tina
                    Message 9 of 30 , Apr 18, 2004
                      Kevin,
                      do you think you could do permission slips for Whispering Oaks
                      Council? We have 2, one for overnight, and one for day trips. You
                      can find them at http://www.whisperingoaksgs.org/forms2.htm

                      Thanks,

                      Tina
                    • Tina
                      Message 10 of 30 , Apr 19, 2004
                        Kevin,

                        Never mind those permission slips from Whispering Oaks. It's
                        possible they may be changed, so 'll let you know when they are.

                        Thanks,

                        Tina
                      • troop3114
                        Message 11 of 30 , Feb 23, 2005
                          I am new here so forgive me if i ask an old question.

                          I have crystal reports 8.5 and I have been trying to create a
                          permission slip for my troop from my counsel's permission slip. It
                          looks good and the fields are correct in crystal reports and the data
                          transfers over but when I try to run it in gscoutmate it hick-ups and
                          gives me errors. what are the secrets for creating a custom report?
                          Message 12 of 30 , Feb 28, 2005
                            Hi there,

                            For the permission slip, you need to make sure it follows the exact format
                            of the one that we include (by format, I mean the number of subreports) OR
                            you can change the report configuration.

                            In the default permission slip, there are two subreports
                            (PermissionSlipInformationSection and Shots). If you look at the custom
                            council permission slips we've created, you'll see two subreports that we
                            hide (they are there so an error isn't generated when you print the
                            slips). So, you can add two subreports to your permission slip (each with
                            one table) and it will work.

                            OR

                            If your permission slip doesn't contain any subreports (or has more or less
                            than two), then you can do the following:

                            * Go into Microsoft Access
                            * Go to the "Codes" table
                            * Do a search on the Item field and search for Permission Slips
                            * Go to the LookupSQL field
                            * If you don't have any subreports, change it to program;0;
                            * If you have 1 subreport, change it to program;1;1;program;
                            (the first 1 is the number of subreports, the second one is the number
                            of tables in the second subreport)

                            That should do it... hopefully, this help.

                            Kevin

                            At 07:31 AM 2/28/2005, you wrote:

                            >I am new here so forgive me if i ask an old question.
                            >
                            >I have crystal reports 8.5 and I have been trying to create a
                            >permission slip for my troop from my counsel's permission slip. It
                            >looks good and the fields are correct in crystal reports and the data
                            >transfers over but when I try to run it in gscoutmate it hick-ups and
                            >gives me errors. what are the secrets for creating a custom report?
                          • sheliaw
                            Message 13 of 30 , May 30 8:13 PM
                              Would it be possible for the permission slip to have the parent/guardian name on the part kept by the contact person? This would be helpful, as my husband is the contact person and he doesn't know the patents by name. The alternate's name is on there, but not the parents.

                              Thanks much,
                              Shelia
                              Message 14 of 30 , Jun 8, 2005
                                Hi Sheila,

                                I will put this on the suggestion list. We probably will offer an
                                additional permission slip with your requested changes (which you'll be
                                able to download from our website ... and replace your existing one).

                                At 07:38 AM 6/6/2005, you wrote:
                                >Would it be possible for the permission slip to have the parent/guardian
                                >name on the part kept by the contact person? This would be helpful, as my
                                >husband is the contact person and he doesn't know the patents by
                                >name. The alternate's name is on there, but not the parents.
                                >
                                >Thanks much,
                                >Shelia
                              • gsmom893
                                Message 15 of 30 , Jan 9, 2006
                                  Hi Kevin
                                  I'm with the Girl Scout Council of Orange County, I have used the
                                  custom permission slips successfully in the past. I downloaded the
                                  update, and now when I try to save the custom information it says I
                                  need to enter an activity. There is no where to enter the activity. I
                                  think I have the permission slip linked to the event (when I preview
                                  the print, the "regular" permission slip info is there, just no custom
                                  information). What am I doing wrong?
                                  Thanks
                                  Tommya
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Jan 10, 2006
                                    Tommya,

                                    You'll need to enter the information on the first tab as well. On
                                    the first tab (Permission Slip Information), you'll see the Activity
                                    (and other) field.

                                    At 10:19 PM 1/9/2006, you wrote:
                                    >Hi Kevin
                                    >I'm with the Girl Scout Council of Orange County, I have used the
                                    >custom permission slips successfully in the past. I downloaded the
                                    >update, and now when I try to save the custom information it says I
                                    >need to enter an activity. There is no where to enter the activity. I
                                    >think I have the permission slip linked to the event (when I preview
                                    >the print, the "regular" permission slip info is there, just no custom
                                    >information). What am I doing wrong?
                                    >Thanks
                                    >Tommya
                                    >

                                    >To unsubscribe, please send an email to
                                    >gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                                    > *
                                    >

                                    >----------
                                  • xixis37355
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Oct 18, 2006
                                      Hi!
                                      I am trying to print permission slips for an event. I have taken the
                                      following steps, and received the following error messages

                                      Event Central => Reports => Selected Event => Reports Listing =>
                                      Permission Slips "No Report Title For This Report"

                                      and

                                      Event Central => Event Permission Slip (button) => Print => Blank
                                      Permission Slip "Run-time error '20401': ReportFileName property must
                                      be set before calling method" and the program shuts down.

                                      What have I done??? or do I need to do? I have used this feature in
                                      the past and love it!
                                    • Gaye Jean Allen
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Oct 18, 2006
                                        Before you click on reports, make sure you have clicked on the event you
                                        want to print the slips for, and highlight, by clicking on their names, the
                                        girls that you want the slips printed for.

                                        I have run into the same problem.
                                        Gaye Jean
                                        Yukon, OK

                                        > Hi!
                                        > I am trying to print permission slips for an event. I have taken the
                                        > following steps, and received the following error messages
                                        >
                                        > Event Central => Reports => Selected Event => Reports Listing =>
                                        > Permission Slips "No Report Title For This Report"
                                        >
                                        > and
                                        >
                                        > Event Central => Event Permission Slip (button) => Print => Blank
                                        > Permission Slip "Run-time error '20401': ReportFileName property must
                                        > be set before calling method" and the program shuts down.
                                        >
                                        > What have I done??? or do I need to do? I have used this feature in
                                        > the past and love it!
                                        >

                                        > Mr. Rebates offers up to 25% cash-back for shopping online at over 500
                                        > different stores including Best Buy, Dell, Gap, HSN, Macys, Nordstrom,
                                        > QVC, Snapfish, several Travel Companies (Expedia, Orbitz, etc) and many
                                        > more. Mr. Rebates also offers money-saving coupons plus comparison
                                        > shopping. Membership is FREE with a $2.50 bonus just for signing up. For
                                        > more information, visit: http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=134032
                                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                      • xixis37355
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Oct 18, 2006
                                          Tried again to make sure that, yes, I was highlighting the event and
                                          the girls' names (and tried blank forms, too), but still receive the
                                          error message. The other reports (attendees, non-attendees, event
                                          info, etc.) all run fine - but I'm continuing to receive the same
                                          error message with the permission form option.

                                          Thanks for the suggestion!

                                          --- In gscoutmate@yahoogroups.com, "Gaye Jean Allen"

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Oct 19, 2006
                                            Hi,

                                            Please take a look at the following knowledgebase document for the answer:

                                            http://www.kscgroup.com/kbase/lookup.asp?IDNum=74

                                          • Lori Jeric
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Oct 21, 2006
                                              Hi,
                                              I have not been able to use this feature because I have been getting the
                                              same error message, "No Report Title for This Report". I've tried to
                                              highlight the event, and add the girls that I want a slip for but continued
                                              to get the same message. Please let me know if you find out what the
                                              problem is. I just gave up and copied my own permission slips from council,
                                              but it would be a lot easier to use this feature.

                                              Thanks,

                                              Lori J

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Oct 22, 2006
                                                This took care of the problem - working like a dream!
                                                Thanks!!

                                                --- In gscoutmate@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Coleman <kevin@...> wrote:

                                                > Hi,
                                                >
                                                > Please take a look at the following knowledgebase document for the
                                                answer:

                                                > http://www.kscgroup.com/kbase/lookup.asp?IDNum=74
                                                >
                                                > Thanks,
                                                >
                                                > Kevin
                                                > At 09:26 PM 10/18/2006, you wrote:
                                                >
                                                > >Tried again to make sure that, yes, I was highlighting the event
                                                and
                                                > >the girls' names (and tried blank forms, too), but still receive
                                                the
                                                > >error message. The other reports (attendees, non-attendees, event
                                                > >info, etc.) all run fine - but I'm continuing to receive the same
                                                > >error message with the permission form option.
                                                > >
                                                > >Thanks for the suggestion!
                                                > >
                                                > >--- In
                                                > ><mailto:gscoutmate%40yahoogroups.com>gscoutmate@yahoogroups.com,
                                                > >"Gaye Jean Allen"
                                                > ><gjallenrph@> wrote:
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Before you click on reports, make sure you have clicked on the
                                                > >event you
                                                > > > want to print the slips for, and highlight, by clicking on
                                                their
                                                > >names, the
                                                > > > girls that you want the slips printed for.
                                                > > >
                                                > > > I have run into the same problem.
                                                > > > Gaye Jean
                                                > > > Yukon, OK

                                                > >the

                                                Listing =>

                                                Blank
                                                > >property must

                                                > >feature in

                                                > >over 500
                                                > >Nordstrom,
                                                > >and many
                                                > >comparison
                                                > >up. For
                                                > > <http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=134032>http://www.mrrebates.com?
                                                refid=134032

                                              • nadine_gs74
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Oct 23, 2006

                                                  > > http://www.kscgroup.com/kbase/lookup.asp?IDNum=74

                                                  Kevin,

                                                  i am also having a problem printing a permission slip. I went to this
                                                  database and followed everything it said but I still get:

                                                  Invalid file name
                                                  crystal report

                                                  I do not know where to put a file name- I thought that was the name of
                                                  the event? You tried to help me set up customized permission slips in
                                                  the past for Citrus Council but that didn't work for me. I don't mind
                                                  using the generic ones but they don't work for me either.

                                                  Nadine
                                                • Tara Tussing Unverzagt
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , May 21 1:27 PM
                                                    I'm trying to email permission slips to my 27 girls. For each girl, a
                                                    window comes up that is titled "Export Options" that I have to
                                                    click "ok" to have it continue to generate the report an email it out.
                                                    Is there any way to make it automatically go without me sitting here,
                                                    clicking "ok" for every permission slip?

                                                    Thanks!
                                                    Tara
                                                  • aasheik
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , May 21 1:45 PM
                                                      I haven't had that happen before, I just group email them all and
                                                      attach the permission slip as an attachment and it works fine.
                                                      Kristin

                                                      On 5/21/08, Tara Tussing Unverzagt <tara.unverzagt@...> wrote:

                                                      > I'm trying to email permission slips to my 27 girls. For each girl, a
                                                      > window comes up that is titled "Export Options" that I have to
                                                      > click "ok" to have it continue to generate the report an email it out.
                                                      > Is there any way to make it automatically go without me sitting here,
                                                      > clicking "ok" for every permission slip?
                                                      >
                                                      > Thanks!
                                                      > Tara

                                                    • Nor_glo65
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , May 21 1:53 PM
                                                        I use Event Central, create the event, then fill in the permission slip.  Then in Event Central select report, choose Selected event, then choose "Permission Slip", and click on "Email" on the right side of screen.  Then you can select "send each girl her own" (Or something like that on the lower right side of the screen.  Then you click on send/print and  That should get them each sent to each girl (her own filled out, just needs parent's signatures, etc.

                                                        Norma
                                                        Oklahoma

                                                           Be a Girl Scout Leader and make a difference in a girl's life.
                                                        God loves you, In God We Trust

                                                        Message 27 of 30 , May 21 4:54 PM
                                                          That's exactly what I did, but this "options" window pops up that requires me to click "ok" for each of the permission slips.

                                                          Tara

                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Sep 16, 2009
                                                              I have only had scoutmate for a couple months,and I am really liking it so far. I am trying to print off my first permission slip using scoutmate, only I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. I have the event saved, I then chose the event,and the girls attending it. Then when I go to reports, and click on selected event,then click on permission slip, then print, is when I have the problem. It says: report file name property must be set before calling method. I have no idea what this means. Please help me figure this out. Thank you very much.

                                                              Rainey
                                                              Message 30 of 30 , Sep 16, 2009
                                                                Rainey,

                                                                Glad that you're enjoying G-Scoutmate.

                                                                Please see the following knowledgebase document for instructions on
                                                                fixing the problem: