permission slips

  • Sandra Roberts
    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 6, 2004
      Kevin,

      Any word on the date for the Lake Erie Council permission slip?

      Thanks

      Sandy

      Message 2 of 30 , Apr 6, 2004
        Sandra,

        I plan on completing several permission slips this weekend. We put aside
        Lake Erie's due to it being so long (3 pages... a three page permission slip!).

        If this doesn't sound right to you, then please let me know (I downloaded
        it from their web site).

        Otherwise, I hope to have it ready for you on Monday morning.

        Kevin

        At 01:53 PM 4/6/2004 -0400, you wrote:
        >Kevin,
        >
        >Any word on the date for the Lake Erie Council permission slip?
        >
        >Thanks
        >
        >Sandy

        >To unsubscribe, please send an email to
        >gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        >
        >1c5df36.jpg

        > *
        > <mailto:gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > *

      • Sandra Roberts
        Message 3 of 30 , Apr 7, 2004
          Your right, it's a long one. That is why we are anxious to be able to use
          it. Monday sounds just great!

          Thanks

          Sandy
          > I plan on completing several permission slips this weekend. We put aside
          > Lake Erie's due to it being so long (3 pages... a three page permission
          slip!).

          > If this doesn't sound right to you, then please let me know (I downloaded
          > it from their web site).
          >
          > Otherwise, I hope to have it ready for you on Monday morning.
          >
          > Kevin
          >
          > At 01:53 PM 4/6/2004 -0400, you wrote:
          > >Kevin,
          > >
          > >Any word on the date for the Lake Erie Council permission slip?
          > >
          > >Thanks
          > >
          > >Sandy

          > >To unsubscribe, please send an email to
          > >gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          > >

          > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          > >
          > >1c5df36.jpg

          outmate/

          > > *
          > > *

          > > *

          gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Sandra Roberts
          Message 4 of 30 , Apr 14, 2004
            Kevin,

            Any new word on the permission slip for Lake Erie Council? You had thought
            by Monday it might be done. I noticed that there is still not a down load
            for it.

            Thanks

            Sandy

            > I plan on completing several permission slips this weekend. We put aside
            > Lake Erie's due to it being so long (3 pages... a three page permission
            slip!).

            > If this doesn't sound right to you, then please let me know (I downloaded
            > it from their web site).
            >
            > Otherwise, I hope to have it ready for you on Monday morning.
            >
            > Kevin
            >
            > At 01:53 PM 4/6/2004 -0400, you wrote:
            > >Kevin,
            > >
            > >Any word on the date for the Lake Erie Council permission slip?
            > >
            > >Thanks
            > >
            > >Sandy

            > >To unsubscribe, please send an email to
            > >gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            > >

            > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            > >
            > >1c5df36.jpg

            outmate/

            Message 5 of 30 , Apr 14, 2004
              Sandy,

              Not yet... I'll let you know as soon as it's up.

              Should be a couple of more days.

            • Sandra Roberts
              Message 6 of 30 , Apr 14, 2004
                tomorrow by noon would be wonderful, if possible on your end.

                (just wishing)
                > Not yet... I'll let you know as soon as it's up.
                >
                > Should be a couple of more days.
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Kevin
                > At 09:09 AM 4/14/2004 -0400, you wrote:
                > >Kevin,
                > >
                > >Any new word on the permission slip for Lake Erie Council? You had
                thought
                > >by Monday it might be done. I noticed that there is still not a down
                load
                > >for it.
                > >
                > >Thanks
                > >
                > >Sandy

              • Tina
                Message 7 of 30 , Apr 18, 2004
                  Kevin,
                  do you think you could do permission slips for Whispering Oaks
                  Council? We have 2, one for overnight, and one for day trips. You
                  can find them at http://www.whisperingoaksgs.org/forms2.htm

                  Thanks,

                  Tina
                • Tina
                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 19, 2004
                    Kevin,

                    Never mind those permission slips from Whispering Oaks. It's
                    possible they may be changed, so 'll let you know when they are.

                    Thanks,

                    Tina
                  • troop3114
                    Message 9 of 30 , Feb 23, 2005
                      I am new here so forgive me if i ask an old question.

                      I have crystal reports 8.5 and I have been trying to create a
                      permission slip for my troop from my counsel's permission slip. It
                      looks good and the fields are correct in crystal reports and the data
                      transfers over but when I try to run it in gscoutmate it hick-ups and
                      gives me errors. what are the secrets for creating a custom report?
                      Message 10 of 30 , Feb 28, 2005
                        Hi there,

                        For the permission slip, you need to make sure it follows the exact format
                        of the one that we include (by format, I mean the number of subreports) OR
                        you can change the report configuration.

                        In the default permission slip, there are two subreports
                        (PermissionSlipInformationSection and Shots). If you look at the custom
                        council permission slips we've created, you'll see two subreports that we
                        hide (they are there so an error isn't generated when you print the
                        slips). So, you can add two subreports to your permission slip (each with
                        one table) and it will work.

                        OR

                        If your permission slip doesn't contain any subreports (or has more or less
                        than two), then you can do the following:

                        * Go into Microsoft Access
                        * Go to the "Codes" table
                        * Do a search on the Item field and search for Permission Slips
                        * Go to the LookupSQL field
                        * If you don't have any subreports, change it to program;0;
                        * If you have 1 subreport, change it to program;1;1;program;
                        (the first 1 is the number of subreports, the second one is the number
                        of tables in the second subreport)

                        That should do it... hopefully, this help.

                        Kevin

                        At 07:31 AM 2/28/2005, you wrote:

                        >I am new here so forgive me if i ask an old question.
                        >
                        >I have crystal reports 8.5 and I have been trying to create a
                        >permission slip for my troop from my counsel's permission slip. It
                        >looks good and the fields are correct in crystal reports and the data
                        >transfers over but when I try to run it in gscoutmate it hick-ups and
                        >gives me errors. what are the secrets for creating a custom report?
                      • sheliaw
                        Message 11 of 30 , May 30, 2005
                          Would it be possible for the permission slip to have the parent/guardian name on the part kept by the contact person? This would be helpful, as my husband is the contact person and he doesn't know the patents by name. The alternate's name is on there, but not the parents.

                          Thanks much,
                          Shelia
                          Message 12 of 30 , Jun 8 1:38 PM
                            Hi Sheila,

                            I will put this on the suggestion list. We probably will offer an
                            additional permission slip with your requested changes (which you'll be
                            able to download from our website ... and replace your existing one).

                            At 07:38 AM 6/6/2005, you wrote:
                            >Would it be possible for the permission slip to have the parent/guardian
                            >name on the part kept by the contact person? This would be helpful, as my
                            >husband is the contact person and he doesn't know the patents by
                            >name. The alternate's name is on there, but not the parents.
                            >
                            >Thanks much,
                            >Shelia
                          • gsmom893
                            Message 13 of 30 , Jan 9, 2006
                              Hi Kevin
                              I'm with the Girl Scout Council of Orange County, I have used the
                              custom permission slips successfully in the past. I downloaded the
                              update, and now when I try to save the custom information it says I
                              need to enter an activity. There is no where to enter the activity. I
                              think I have the permission slip linked to the event (when I preview
                              the print, the "regular" permission slip info is there, just no custom
                              information). What am I doing wrong?
                              Thanks
                              Tommya
                              Message 14 of 30 , Jan 10, 2006
                                Tommya,

                                You'll need to enter the information on the first tab as well. On
                                the first tab (Permission Slip Information), you'll see the Activity
                                (and other) field.

                                At 10:19 PM 1/9/2006, you wrote:
                                >Hi Kevin
                                >I'm with the Girl Scout Council of Orange County, I have used the
                                >custom permission slips successfully in the past. I downloaded the
                                >update, and now when I try to save the custom information it says I
                                >need to enter an activity. There is no where to enter the activity. I
                                >think I have the permission slip linked to the event (when I preview
                                >the print, the "regular" permission slip info is there, just no custom
                                >information). What am I doing wrong?
                                >Thanks
                                >Tommya
                                >

                                >To unsubscribe, please send an email to
                                >gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                                > *
                                >

                                >----------
                              • xixis37355
                                Message 15 of 30 , Oct 18, 2006
                                  Hi!
                                  I am trying to print permission slips for an event. I have taken the
                                  following steps, and received the following error messages

                                  Event Central => Reports => Selected Event => Reports Listing =>
                                  Permission Slips "No Report Title For This Report"

                                  and

                                  Event Central => Event Permission Slip (button) => Print => Blank
                                  Permission Slip "Run-time error '20401': ReportFileName property must
                                  be set before calling method" and the program shuts down.

                                  What have I done??? or do I need to do? I have used this feature in
                                  the past and love it!
                                • Gaye Jean Allen
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Oct 18, 2006
                                    Before you click on reports, make sure you have clicked on the event you
                                    want to print the slips for, and highlight, by clicking on their names, the
                                    girls that you want the slips printed for.

                                    I have run into the same problem.
                                    Gaye Jean
                                    Yukon, OK

                                    > Hi!
                                    > I am trying to print permission slips for an event. I have taken the
                                    > following steps, and received the following error messages
                                    >
                                    > Event Central => Reports => Selected Event => Reports Listing =>
                                    > Permission Slips "No Report Title For This Report"
                                    >
                                    > and
                                    >
                                    > Event Central => Event Permission Slip (button) => Print => Blank
                                    > Permission Slip "Run-time error '20401': ReportFileName property must
                                    > be set before calling method" and the program shuts down.
                                    >
                                    > What have I done??? or do I need to do? I have used this feature in
                                    > the past and love it!
                                    >

                                    > Mr. Rebates offers up to 25% cash-back for shopping online at over 500
                                    > different stores including Best Buy, Dell, Gap, HSN, Macys, Nordstrom,
                                    > QVC, Snapfish, several Travel Companies (Expedia, Orbitz, etc) and many
                                    > more. Mr. Rebates also offers money-saving coupons plus comparison
                                    > shopping. Membership is FREE with a $2.50 bonus just for signing up. For
                                    > more information, visit: http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=134032
                                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  • xixis37355
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Oct 18, 2006
                                      Tried again to make sure that, yes, I was highlighting the event and
                                      the girls' names (and tried blank forms, too), but still receive the
                                      error message. The other reports (attendees, non-attendees, event
                                      info, etc.) all run fine - but I'm continuing to receive the same
                                      error message with the permission form option.

                                      Thanks for the suggestion!

                                      --- In gscoutmate@yahoogroups.com, "Gaye Jean Allen"

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Oct 19, 2006
                                        Hi,

                                        Please take a look at the following knowledgebase document for the answer:

                                        http://www.kscgroup.com/kbase/lookup.asp?IDNum=74

                                      • Lori Jeric
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Oct 21, 2006
                                          Hi,
                                          I have not been able to use this feature because I have been getting the
                                          same error message, "No Report Title for This Report". I've tried to
                                          highlight the event, and add the girls that I want a slip for but continued
                                          to get the same message. Please let me know if you find out what the
                                          problem is. I just gave up and copied my own permission slips from council,
                                          but it would be a lot easier to use this feature.

                                          Thanks,

                                          Lori J

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Oct 22, 2006
                                            This took care of the problem - working like a dream!
                                            Thanks!!

                                            --- In gscoutmate@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Coleman <kevin@...> wrote:

                                            > Hi,
                                            >
                                            > Please take a look at the following knowledgebase document for the
                                            answer:

                                            > http://www.kscgroup.com/kbase/lookup.asp?IDNum=74
                                            >
                                            > Thanks,
                                            >
                                            > Kevin
                                            > At 09:26 PM 10/18/2006, you wrote:
                                            >
                                            > >Tried again to make sure that, yes, I was highlighting the event
                                            and
                                            > >the girls' names (and tried blank forms, too), but still receive
                                            the
                                            > >error message. The other reports (attendees, non-attendees, event
                                            > >info, etc.) all run fine - but I'm continuing to receive the same
                                            > >error message with the permission form option.
                                            > >
                                            > >Thanks for the suggestion!
                                            > >
                                            > >--- In
                                            > ><mailto:gscoutmate%40yahoogroups.com>gscoutmate@yahoogroups.com,
                                            > >"Gaye Jean Allen"
                                            > ><gjallenrph@> wrote:
                                            > > >
                                            > > > Before you click on reports, make sure you have clicked on the
                                            > >event you
                                            > > > want to print the slips for, and highlight, by clicking on
                                            their
                                            > >names, the
                                            > > > girls that you want the slips printed for.
                                            > > >
                                            > > > I have run into the same problem.
                                            > > > Gaye Jean
                                            > > > Yukon, OK

                                            > >the

                                            Listing =>

                                            Blank
                                            > >property must

                                            > >feature in

                                            > >over 500
                                            > >Nordstrom,
                                            > >and many
                                            > >comparison
                                            > >up. For
                                            > > <http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=134032>http://www.mrrebates.com?
                                            refid=134032

                                          • nadine_gs74
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Oct 23, 2006

                                              > > http://www.kscgroup.com/kbase/lookup.asp?IDNum=74

                                              Kevin,

                                              i am also having a problem printing a permission slip. I went to this
                                              database and followed everything it said but I still get:

                                              Invalid file name
                                              crystal report

                                              I do not know where to put a file name- I thought that was the name of
                                              the event? You tried to help me set up customized permission slips in
                                              the past for Citrus Council but that didn't work for me. I don't mind
                                              using the generic ones but they don't work for me either.

                                              Nadine
                                            • Tara Tussing Unverzagt
                                              Message 22 of 30 , May 21, 2008
                                                I'm trying to email permission slips to my 27 girls. For each girl, a
                                                window comes up that is titled "Export Options" that I have to
                                                click "ok" to have it continue to generate the report an email it out.
                                                Is there any way to make it automatically go without me sitting here,
                                                clicking "ok" for every permission slip?

                                                Thanks!
                                                Tara
                                              • aasheik
                                                Message 23 of 30 , May 21, 2008
                                                  I haven't had that happen before, I just group email them all and
                                                  attach the permission slip as an attachment and it works fine.
                                                  Kristin

                                                  On 5/21/08, Tara Tussing Unverzagt <tara.unverzagt@...> wrote:

                                                  > I'm trying to email permission slips to my 27 girls. For each girl, a
                                                  > window comes up that is titled "Export Options" that I have to
                                                  > click "ok" to have it continue to generate the report an email it out.
                                                  > Is there any way to make it automatically go without me sitting here,
                                                  > clicking "ok" for every permission slip?
                                                  >
                                                  > Thanks!
                                                  > Tara

                                                • Nor_glo65
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , May 21, 2008
                                                    I use Event Central, create the event, then fill in the permission slip.  Then in Event Central select report, choose Selected event, then choose "Permission Slip", and click on "Email" on the right side of screen.  Then you can select "send each girl her own" (Or something like that on the lower right side of the screen.  Then you click on send/print and  That should get them each sent to each girl (her own filled out, just needs parent's signatures, etc.

                                                    Norma
                                                    Oklahoma

                                                       Be a Girl Scout Leader and make a difference in a girl's life.
                                                    God loves you, In God We Trust

                                                    Message 25 of 30 , May 21, 2008
                                                      That's exactly what I did, but this "options" window pops up that requires me to click "ok" for each of the permission slips.

                                                      Tara

                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Sep 16, 2009
                                                          I have only had scoutmate for a couple months,and I am really liking it so far. I am trying to print off my first permission slip using scoutmate, only I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. I have the event saved, I then chose the event,and the girls attending it. Then when I go to reports, and click on selected event,then click on permission slip, then print, is when I have the problem. It says: report file name property must be set before calling method. I have no idea what this means. Please help me figure this out. Thank you very much.

                                                          Rainey
                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Sep 16, 2009
                                                            Rainey,

                                                            Glad that you're enjoying G-Scoutmate.

                                                            Please see the following knowledgebase document for instructions on
                                                            fixing the problem: