New beta posted

    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 1999
      Hi All,

      Just a quick note that posted a new beta version a couple of minutes ago.

      This new beta adds:

      1) an email address field for scout and adult records;
      2) two email reports (one with names and email addresses and one with just
      the email addresses)
      3) fixed a glitch where the events and notepad sections of the adult
      information report would print regardless of whether they were checked or not.

      If you do download the new beta, you need to run the included UPD511A file
      that will be in your G-Scoutmate directory after you install the new
      beta.... it adds the email address fields to your database. ALSO, please
      note that for scout records, the spare field (default of Race) has been
      moved to the second tab (now named Registration/Miscellaneous) and the
      email address field is located on the first tab.

      That's it. I don't anticipated any other features being added, and the
      official release date for the updates have been pushed back to Friday, May
      7 so that adequate testing can be performed.

      if you've downloaded the beta, please let me know how everything is going.

      Thanks!

      Girl, Boy and Cub Scout Troop Management Software!
      Web Site: http://members.aol.com/kevinc1081
      Email : kcoleman@...
    • Carolle M. Cox
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 1999
        Hi Kevin,
        Boy do I feel stupid. I can't find the url to download the beta. Please do
        send it - I'll bookmark this time, I promise!

        Carolle

        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 1999
          Carolle,

          Don't feel that way!

          The URL is:

          http://members.aol.com/kevinc1081/betactr.htm

          Then, choose G-Scoutmate Beta...

          Thanks!

          Kevin
          At 10:14 AM 05/02/1999 -0700, you wrote:
          >From: "Carolle M. Cox" <cmcox@...>
          >

          >Hi Kevin,
          >Boy do I feel stupid. I can't find the url to download the beta. Please do
          >send it - I'll bookmark this time, I promise!
          >
          >Carolle
          >

          >At 12:44 PM 5/1/99 -0400, you wrote:
          >>From: Kevin Coleman <kcoleman@...>
          >>
          >>Hi All,
          >>
          >>Just a quick note that posted a new beta version a couple of minutes ago.
          >>
          >>This new beta adds:
          >>
          >>1) an email address field for scout and adult records;
          >>2) two email reports (one with names and email addresses and one with just
          >>the email addresses)
          >>3) fixed a glitch where the events and notepad sections of the adult
          >>information report would print regardless of whether they were checked or
          >not.
          >>
          >>If you do download the new beta, you need to run the included UPD511A file
          >>that will be in your G-Scoutmate directory after you install the new
          >>beta.... it adds the email address fields to your database. ALSO, please
          >>note that for scout records, the spare field (default of Race) has been
          >>moved to the second tab (now named Registration/Miscellaneous) and the
          >>email address field is located on the first tab.
          >>
          >>That's it. I don't anticipated any other features being added, and the
          >>official release date for the updates have been pushed back to Friday, May
          >>7 so that adequate testing can be performed.
          >>
          >>if you've downloaded the beta, please let me know how everything is going.
          >>
          >>Thanks!
          >>
          >>Kevin
          >>**************************************************
          >>Girl, Boy and Cub Scout Troop Management Software!
          >>Web Site: http://members.aol.com/kevinc1081
          >>Email : kcoleman@...
          >>**************************************************

          >>Looking to expand your world?
          >>http://www.onelist.com
          >>ONElist has over 130,000 e-mail communities from which to chose!

          >Looking for an efficient, fun way to stay in touch with family members?
          >http://www.onelist.com
          >Create a ONElist community just for your family!

        • Carolle M. Cox
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 1999
            This new computer is saying my security stuff won't allow it to download. I
            have disabled McAffee and Guard Dog. What else COULD it be?

            Carolle

          • Gshcc343@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 1999
              Kevin, I not only managed to download the new beta, but I also managed to
              find and run the upd511a. Guess I'm learning how to become computer literate
              after all. Checked my files and was able to add e-mail addy to several
              girls' files! Yahoo!

              Thanks for the update.

              Susan H.
              hometown.aol.com/gshcc343/event/index.htm
              Message 6 of 7 , May 3, 1999
                Susan, Great! Glad you got it working okay! Computer whizzzz kid! Kevin