import/export

  • Kathi Kovacic
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 15, 2003
      Hi there - we are new users and my co-leader and I are trying to match records. When I export, she can't seem to import. It tells us that the import is complete but when we open the records there is nothing there. We have tried following the directions in the HELPS area so if anyone else can help us we would sure appreciate it. Thanks, KD

    • lisal lingle
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 15, 2003
        I have the program on two different computers, so I
        import and export to both. One thing to make sure is
        that you (select all). All of the girls and parents
        names will turn blue. Then you need to send it to a
        drive, like I put the information on a floppy, and
        then label the records, then save. then back at the
        program you have to hit the export key. This should
        work. If not write back. Lisa
        --- Kathi Kovacic <momsy74@...> wrote:
        > Hi there - we are new users and my co-leader and I
        > are trying to match records. When I export, she
        > can't seem to import. It tells us that the import is
        > complete but when we open the records there is
        > nothing there. We have tried following the
        > directions in the HELPS area so if anyone else can
        > help us we would sure appreciate it. Thanks, KD

        > removed]

        =====
        Lisa Lingle

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • April Clark
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 11, 2003
          I am trying (have been trying for a month) to export my Troop info so that I can do things from both my home computer and my office computer. Everytime I try to export though I get error 3075. I have shut down, closed everything and I still get it. HELP!

          Have a NICe day!
          April
          Co-Leader Junior Troop 6139
          AOL IM: ApRoKaClark
          MSN Messenger: ApRoKa@...
          ICQ: 51504190

        • April Clark
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 18, 2003
            I have just been trying to save to my desktop, no floppies or CD's here yet.
            Thanks for replying so fast!

            April
          • poshtown
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 18, 2003
              April,

              Please take a look at the following link:

              http://www.kscgroup.com/kbase/lookup.asp?IDNum=30

              If you still receive errors while exporting, email me directly at
              support@....

            • kmbcurtis@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 16, 2005
                Kevin:

                I recently added new patrol names. When I exported the girl information to
                another computer, it did not carry over the new patrols as the new list was
                not included. I caught it right away & just did a back-up/restore to make
                sure my computers were in sync, but just wanted to let you know.

                Thanks,
                Karen C.

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 16, 2005
                  Karen,

                  Yes, that's correct. The patrol information WILL transfer with your girls,
                  however the list itself will not. I have on our suggestions list exactly
                  that -- being able to export and import lists -- and it will make it into a
                  future update.

                  At 11:30 AM 2/16/2005, you wrote:
                  >Kevin:
                  >
                  >I recently added new patrol names. When I exported the girl information to
                  >another computer, it did not carry over the new patrols as the new list was
                  >not included. I caught it right away & just did a back-up/restore to make
                  >sure my computers were in sync, but just wanted to let you know.
                  >
                  >Thanks,
                  >Karen C.

                  >To unsubscribe, please send an email to
                  >gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  >

                  >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                  ><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129itsma0/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705066162:HM/EXP=1108670046/A=2532114/R=2/SIG=12kss9hnb/*http://clk.atdmt.com/NFX/go/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=1108583646679899>
                  >[]

                  > *
                  > <mailto:gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>gscoutmate-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  >
                  > *
                • barbara starr
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 21, 2006
                    I know Kevin is very busy. But I know that he refers people to the website or doesn't understand that people have problems understand the "wizard" for import/export. In fact there is a section in the wizard that is confusing because the words send/receive or import/export are used for the same meaning.

                    Anyway-when you want to export a file, first you are going to save it somewhere on your computer-you can save it on your desktop so you can find it. Name your file something that will help you find it and know if it is newest version. First, you save your file,then you e-mail your friend and send it to her as an attachment-then she needs to download it to the g-soutmate file probably in the program files folder on her computer. You are right,, this will over-write her files...the wizard will ask if she wants to overwrite but I'm not sure I know what option she chose chose...need to read the knowledge base again...