Hello

  • Sandy Wright
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 9, 1998
      Hello,
      I am new to this list and wanted to introduce myself. My name is
      Sandy and I have been a GS leader for 4 years now. My girls are 3rd
      grade Brownies and we have a great time. I am looking for some new
      ideas for service projects. What has your troop done in the past? Here
      is our list.

      Singing at Nursing home
      Bought children's gifts with gift exchange money, gave to less fortunate

      Collected school supplies for tornado victims
      planted trees at new water plant
      collected clothes and can goods for various organizations
      helped with clean up at Cancer Walk for Life

      Thanks for your help.
      Sandy
    • John & Jill Mrazek
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 9, 1998
        Sandy,

        Hi my name is Jill. I am a leader for a Junior troop. Last year one of the
        teachers in my girls school was in a car accident. She needed help raking
        up leaves and picking up pecans and acorns. We set one Saturday aside and
        helped her. We had 20 bags of leaves, 10 bags of acorns and pecans. We
        found a girl in our area that was doing a reforesting project. We visited
        her and learned how to tell which pecans and acorns could be planted for
        future trees. We ended up doing two service projects and learned a lot.
        The teacher is looking forward to us coming back again this year.

        Hope this helps.

        Jill
        > I am new to this list and wanted to introduce myself. My name is
        >Sandy and I have been a GS leader for 4 years now. My girls are 3rd
        >grade Brownies and we have a great time. I am looking for some new
        >ideas for service projects. What has your troop done in the past? Here
        >is our list.
        >
        >Singing at Nursing home
        >Bought children's gifts with gift exchange money, gave to less fortunate
        >
        >Collected school supplies for tornado victims
        >planted trees at new water plant
        >collected clothes and can goods for various organizations
        >helped with clean up at Cancer Walk for Life
        >
        >Thanks for your help.
        >Sandy

        >For more information on G-Scoutmate (and other scouting products), check
        out the web site at http://members.aol.com/kevinc1081

      • Melanie Folkerts
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 9, 1998
          Hello,
          My name is Melanie. I am new to this list, and I sure hope to enjoy it.
          I have been a leader or assistant leader for three years. I am
          currently the leader of a troop of 30 Brownies (1st, 2nd, and 3rd
          graders). I have four assistant leaders which is the only thing that
          keeps me sane.

          I look forward to learning and sharing with everyone on this list!!

          Melanie

          * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
          "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing
          is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. "
          -Phyllis Diller

          Melanie Folkerts
          (785)650-0654
          Hays, Kansas
          melanie_folkerts@...

          * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
        • Mindy Berman
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 9, 1998
            Hi Sandy, I'm Mindy. I'm new to this list too! I've been involved with
            scouts as adult for 12 years now. I don't have a troop anymore, I work on
            council committees at on my area's service team. I lifeguard for troops
            and teach canoeing to girls. It sounds like you already are doing a lot of
            neat service projects. I can't think of anything right now, but I'll ask
            around in my area and forward anything that sounds neat to you. Good luck!

            ----------

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 9, 1998
              Wow! 30 girls! What a big troop. You are truly Blessed to have 4
              co-leaders to help!! I'm new to this list too. I don't have a troop of my
              own, but I do assist a Senior troop. I've been involved with my area
              service team and with Council committees for 12 years now. I teach
              canoeing to girls and I lifeguard for troops who want to do water
              activities. I also love singing and learning new songs and teaching songs
              to girls!

              ----------

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 9, 1998
                Wow! What a great service project and learning opportunity rolled into
                one!

                ----------

              • Sherri Charter
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 9, 1998
                  My girls 4th grade now have enjoyed some of the activities that your troop
                  have done and also:

                  making placemats or tray favors for meals on wheels clients
                  storm drain stenciling (supplies & instructions by I Love a Clean San Diego)
                  making decorations for family shelters

                  Good Luck....Sherri

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 9, 1998
                    Hi everyone!

                    Welcome to the G-Scoutmate list. Here, we can share hints and tips, make
                    suggestions, ask questions and pretty much just shoot the breeze about
                    G-Scoutmate.

                    Actually, this list was set up for volunteers to interact with each other.
                    Whether it's about G-Scoutmate or not, feel free to post about anything
                    related to Girl Scouts. I am definitely one that encourages the free flow
                    of communications among us shiek internet users.

                    I've been very busy putting the finishing touches on Scoutmate, which is the
                    program for BSA units... I'm very excited about getting this out the door...
                    and then I can work on adding more features to G-Scoutmate (it never
                    ends)... and my fiancee thinks I won't be bringing my laptop on our
                    honeymoon... hah!

                    Sorry about the little footer on the end of each message about the onelist
                    service. I do have the option of turning it off, however, since they host
                    lists like this for free (a valuable service), I figured I would leave it
                    on. If it gets annoying, send me an email... and if I get enough
                    complaints, I'll turn it off (I'll be turning off that little G-Scoutmate
                    footer shortly).

                    Enjoy, and feel free to spread the word to your fellow volunteers... if
                    there's anyway I can be of assistance, please let me know.

                    Kevin
                  • Sandy Wright
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 9, 1998
                      wow, what a simple but great idea...raking leaves. We have many elderly people who would love for yard help. Thanks!!
                      Sandy

                      --
                      MZ�