5814Re: [gscoutmate] Importing issues

    Nov 24, 2013
      Good morning,

      The CSV import does not merge records; it will only add records to your
      system.

      What I recommend is using the global update to remove the duplicate records.

      Select the duplicate records with the highest number as that will be the
      most recently imported one. For example, if you have Janie Smith (12)
      and Janie Smith (44), select the one with (44). Then, use the "Delete
      Records" global update to update the records.

      To permanently delete them from your system, go to Utilities and Compact
      Database.

      Hope this helps.

      Kevin

      On 11/19/2013 4:47 PM, esther.lidia@... wrote:

      > I tried importing my girls' information when I first got the program.
      > It worked just fine. When I updated the CSV file with more
      > information and tried to import it again, all it did was duplicate my
      > records. What did I do wrong? I'm afraid to try again.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic