FW: [MK-SCRIBES] Looking for A Group....

  • Berdanier
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2011
      Would we be interested in this?  WSU might be a good place for this.  No food or alcohol involved.

      Ta,
      Cathryn

      To: mk-heralds@...; MK-SCRIBES@yahoogroups.com
      CC: lsieting@...
      From: lsieting@...
      Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 12:34:49 -0400
      Subject: [MK-SCRIBES] Looking for A Group....

      ... to sponsor the next Middle Kingdom Heraldic and Scribal Symposium.

      Greetings!

      I, MK Buckler Herald (charged with promoting Education in heraldic and
      scribal arts), am looking for a group to sponsor a symposium for the
      heraldic and scribal arts!

      Do you have people in your area that have an interest in heraldic or
      scribal arts?

      Do they want to make the wonderful scrolls that the Crown gives out to the
      populace?

      Do they want to know more about how heraldry is used both in the SCA and
      in period practice?

      Do you have people that want to learn how to help others design their
      heraldic arms or document their names/persona?

      Well, a Heraldic and Scribal Symposium would be JUST the place for such
      activities!

      There would be Heralds teaching other heralds, Scribes teaching other
      scribes... Heralds teaching scribes and scribe teaching heralds! Heralds,
      Scribes and Artists.. Oh My!

      As a suggestion, an ideal location would have 6 to 10 (or more!) class
      room areas (including an area where there is a sink available that can be
      used to clean dip-pens and paint brushes). An area for people to sit and
      chat between class offerings and a lunch area.

      This *could* be held in conjunction with another event, but it would be
      nice to have it as a stand-alone event.

      I have had a couple of nibbles, but no group (or groups) has stepped
      forward to sponsor an MKHSS this year.

      Please pass the word around and send any questions back to me. You can
      reply to me at lsieting@... or lsieting@...

      Yours,

      Sgt. Gilebert
      MK Buckler Herald

      --
      *-*-*-*
      Larry R. Sieting

    • Thalia
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2011
        Do they have any sort of tentative dates in mind?

        I'd be more than happy to help out in a behind-the-scenes capacity.

        Thalia

        ---- Berdanier <baroness_cat@...> wrote:

        > Would we be interested in this? WSU might be a good place for this. No food or alcohol involved.
        >
        > Ta,
        > Cathryn
        >

        > To: mk-heralds@...; MK-SCRIBES@yahoogroups.com
        > CC: lsieting@...
        > From: lsieting@...
        > Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 12:34:49 -0400
        > Subject: [MK-SCRIBES] Looking for A Group....
        >

        > ... to sponsor the next Middle Kingdom Heraldic and Scribal Symposium.
        >
        > Greetings!
        >
        > I, MK Buckler Herald (charged with promoting Education in heraldic and
        > scribal arts), am looking for a group to sponsor a symposium for the
        > heraldic and scribal arts!
        >
        > Do you have people in your area that have an interest in heraldic or
        > scribal arts?
        >
        > Do they want to make the wonderful scrolls that the Crown gives out to the
        > populace?
        >
        > Do they want to know more about how heraldry is used both in the SCA and
        > in period practice?
        >
        > Do you have people that want to learn how to help others design their
        > heraldic arms or document their names/persona?
        >
        > Well, a Heraldic and Scribal Symposium would be JUST the place for such
        > activities!
        >
        > There would be Heralds teaching other heralds, Scribes teaching other
        > scribes... Heralds teaching scribes and scribe teaching heralds! Heralds,
        > Scribes and Artists.. Oh My!
        >
        > As a suggestion, an ideal location would have 6 to 10 (or more!) class
        > room areas (including an area where there is a sink available that can be
        > used to clean dip-pens and paint brushes). An area for people to sit and
        > chat between class offerings and a lunch area.
        >
        > This *could* be held in conjunction with another event, but it would be
        > nice to have it as a stand-alone event.
        >
        > I have had a couple of nibbles, but no group (or groups) has stepped
        > forward to sponsor an MKHSS this year.
        >
        > Please pass the word around and send any questions back to me. You can
        > reply to me at lsieting@... or lsieting@...
        >
        > Yours,
        >
        > Sgt. Gilebert
        > MK Buckler Herald
        >
        > --
        > *-*-*-*
        > Larry R. Sieting

      • Berdanier
        Message 3 of 3 , May 11, 2011
          I got this reply:

          Greetings!

          If you are asking about when there *should* be an MKHSS, Any time... At
          this point though, probably post-Pennsic would be best... Least conflict
          with war events and such. I know quite a few heralds are also involved in
          some form of war activity like combat, archery, etc. (me,for one ;) )

          Please feel free to send any other questions.

          Gilebert Buckler