Re: [gryphonquills] Question of the Week: What is your favorite paper?

  • Thalia
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2011
      Hello, Everyone!

      To answer this question (a day late and a dollar short):

      One of the scribes (sorry I can't remember but I thank you!) recommended John Neale heavyweight Pergamenata. They even advertise it on the website as "perfect for SCA scrolls".

      It is heavy and yet you can see through it with no problem making it easy to trace your work without a lightboard. It's nice and smooth so your guache spreads like warm butter over the surface. I like the color, too (looks like "old parchment").

      The only "bad" thing about it is I wish it came in a size smaller than 11X14 so I didn't have to cut it down.

      Website link here: http://www.johnnealbooks.com/

      Thalia