Re: [gryphonquills] Requesting Commentary Please

  • Karen Dollinger
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 24, 2013
      Personally, I would not be interested in a Facebook group.  I read the e-mail group, even if I don't post.  But others might have different opinions.

      As far as drumming up interest, the newer members of Unicorn would appreciate beginning workshops on calligraphy and on illumination.  It would mean coming to a Unicorn meeting in Oxford on a Wednesday, which I know can be difficult.

      Kateryn
    • Cat Berdanier
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 24, 2013
        Hi Kateryn,

        I would come out if I could but with Charles/Lord Reese trying to finish his PhD and Kate with dance Wednesday nights, I'm just not free to come out there.  When she has off from dance, so do you guys from Uni. :-(

        I am working on an idea for a tutorial in the Gryphon's Pages.  That might be something you can share with them.  It won't be out in the next one since I was up against an earlier time deadline but I do hope it will be ready for next issue.

        Ta,
        Cathryn

        To: gryphonquills@yahoogroups.com
        From: kateryndraper@...
        Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:15:58 -0800
        Subject: Re: [gryphonquills] Requesting Commentary Please

        Personally, I would not be interested in a Facebook group.  I read the e-mail group, even if I don't post.  But others might have different opinions.

        As far as drumming up interest, the newer members of Unicorn would appreciate beginning workshops on calligraphy and on illumination.  It would mean coming to a Unicorn meeting in Oxford on a Wednesday, which I know can be difficult.

        Kateryn

      • Admin
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 25, 2013
          I saw the challenge but I don't feel I am "up to" Kingdom level scrolls yet.

          However, I do have some supplies I can help out with for those more experienced.

          I think a FB group would be nice. That way we can post photos and reach more people who may not be aware of the list.

          Thalia
        • Jennifer Thomas-Larsen
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 25, 2013
            I'd love it if there were a FB group. I'm on there all the time anyway.

            Amari

          • thaliabaroncelli@...
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 25, 2013
              Greetings, Kateryn -

              I might be able to make the Oxford meeting next week (I guess it's this coming week).  My schedule has changed a bit.

              I can do a class on illuminated letters - the whitework.  It's fairly simple (IMO) and may help drum up some interest.  I can bring some supplies to share and books to peruse.  I'm not much of a calligrapher but I'm more than willing to share what info and supplies I do have.

              Do you think anyone would be interested?  Please let me know and I'll get my stuff together.

              Thalia

              From: kateryndraper@...
              Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:15:58 -0800