Re: Buying Nova

  • John
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
      I belive Spectracide Immunox will controle powdery mildew and you can
      get it at lowes. I too had trouble finding nova, and found immunox has
      some of the same ingredients like Myclobutanil. I had good luck with it
      last year. --- In
      growgrapes@yahoogroups.com, "Izzy" <igzoid@y...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have a place where I can buy the fungicide Nova in South
      > NJ?
      > Thanks,
      > Izzy

    • Steve Robbins
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
        Nova is a restricted pesticide. Also, PM builds up a
        immunity to it very quickly, although it is effective
        on black rot. I am using Pristine this year as part of
        my spray program which should be more effective.

        --- John <lanizander@...> wrote:

        > I belive Spectracide Immunox will controle powdery
        > mildew and you can
        > get it at lowes. I too had trouble finding nova, and
        > found immunox has
        > some of the same ingredients like Myclobutanil. I
        > had good luck with it
        > last year.
        > --- In
        > growgrapes@yahoogroups.com, "Izzy" <igzoid@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Does anyone have a place where I can buy the
        > fungicide Nova in South
        > > NJ?
        > > Thanks,
        > > Izzy

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • tamagyar
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 4, 2006
          Izzy,

          Check this website out:

          http://www.marylandwine.com/mgga/growing/pesticides/fungicide_effecti
          veness.html

          Actually there is all kinds of good information one page up at:

          http://www.marylandwine.com/mgga/growing/pesticides/main.html

          Lots of information on pesticides, fungicides, etc. Includes
          application rates, what treats what best, and links to product
          labels.

          Our states grape growing association put this together and each year
          has a cooperative pesticide purchase program (CPPP) where members
          can purchase these fungicides like Nova, Pristine, Rubigan etc. in
          quanties that are smaller for smaller vineyards. But buying Nova in
          20oz doesn't sound like a lot, but according to the label, it will
          go a loooooong way for me (YEARS). But its the only way to get stuff
          like that in some cases.

          Tom