I wish to learn what it takes to start a grape vinyards.

  • homiekingbob
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2002
      I live in the california central vally. I own 40 acers, and i was
      concidering starting a vinyard. Just trying to research the details
      on how to go about it, and what it takes. Any information that
      anyone could offer or web sights to help me out would be of great
      apriaction.

      thankyou

      Mr. Watson
    • NessaPower
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2002
        We're in Missouri, and we are about in the same situation. Though we want to start small to see if we can even do it, before we go crazy on the rest of our acres!!
        Vanessa
        Our lil' sweeties:
        Victoria Rose, Madison Grace, and
        David Kent

      • xmarti3
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2002
          http://www.grapeseek.com/
          Grapeseek's directory has a section devoted to establishing a vineyard
          with a list of URLs.

          Laura
          Southern Nv

          --- In growgrapes@y..., "homiekingbob" <sirisaacwatson@h...> wrote:
          > I live in the california central vally. I own 40 acers, and i was
          > concidering starting a vinyard. Just trying to research the details
          > on how to go about it, and what it takes. Any information that
          > anyone could offer or web sights to help me out would be of great
          > apriaction.
          >
          > thankyou
          >
          > Mr. Watson
        • Richard
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2002
            Before you invest in this insanity, grab a copy of Cox's From Vines to Wines
            and read his first couple chapters. That'll 'sober' you into how many vines
            you want to start! (It sobered me >*hic!*< anyway!

            Richard

            From: "NessaPower" <nessapower@...>
            Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 09:44:40 -0500
            To: <growgrapes@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: Re: [growgrapes] I wish to learn what it takes to start a grape
            vinyards.

            We're in Missouri, and we are about in the same situation. Though we want
            to start small to see if we can even do it, before we go crazy on the rest
            of our acres!!
            Vanessa
            Our lil' sweeties:
            Victoria Rose, Madison Grace, and
            David Kent

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

            Unsubscribe info is available at our homepage at
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/growgrapes
            Please help support us by purchasing your grape growing books thru
            http://www.grapeseek.com/books.html ... Thanks!

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • William Coleman
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2002
              Mr. Watson:
              The central valley produces 80% of all the grapes in California. However
              the quality of the grapes is lower than the grapes grown in the coastal
              valleys. The value of the 80% central valley grapes is only equal to the 20%
              grown in coastal valleys. The hotter climate brings the grapes to high sugar
              levels before varietal flavor is at peak. Bill Coleman