Re: New the forum and new to growing grapes

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 12, 2012
      Black rot can infect the leaves. The consequence is not as severe as downy mildew or anthracnose, but if it gets established in your vineyard it will be more likely to infect fruit in the future. You need to spray this year so there won't be as many pathogens next year. Here is a link with a picture of black rot lesions on leaves.

      http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ppdl.purdue.edu/PPDL/images/black_rot-grape_leaf.jpeg&imgrefurl=http://www.ppdl.purdue.edu/PPDL/weeklypics/Weekly_Picture6-25-01-2.html&h=425&w=600&sz=56&tbnid=u7kESnIRhnRKlM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=127&zoom=1&docid=8CU_KlOlYXv80M&sa=X&ei=gopeT9K_GoGIgwfuqYGbCA&ved=0CHoQ9QEwCg&dur=7406

      --- In growgrapes@yahoogroups.com, Greg Peters <homebrewdude76@...> wrote:

      > Does Grape Black Rot affect the fruit or the plant?
      >

      > I should not be having any fruit this year.

    • Victor
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 14, 2012
        It affects the grapes primarily. I only sprayed once last year and it seemed to control it well. Might not be so lucky this year. Good luck.

        <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM5Y-W762eA> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM5Y-W762eA

        <mailto:violavic@... <mailto:violavic%40blomand.net> > violavic@... <mailto:violavic%40blomand.net>