Hoekzema family

  • It's Mot
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2003
      Greetings to the group!

      Through Genlias, I have been able to find the parents and some siblings
      of my grear-great grandfather. He was supposed to have 19 brothers and
      siaters. I have found 9 of them. I am listing the family here and was
      wondering if any of you migh tknow of any additional siblings, or be
      related to any of these families.

      Hendrik Gerrits Hoekzema m. Aaltje Egberts Lubberts

      Children:

      1. Nicklaus

      2. Evert

      3. Alberdina Hendriks Hoekzema, born about 1812, married January 17,
      1833 to Jan Jans Meerveld

      4. Margarieta Gezina Hoekzema, born about 1813, married May 19, 1842
      to Pieter Eenjes de Vries

      5. Teetje Hendriks Hoekzema, born Sept. 25, 1816, married October 1,
      1843 to Thijs Harms Bolhuis

      6. Maria Hendriks Hoekzema, born November 1, 1817, married November
      26, 1843 to Gijsbert Luijting (Luijtink)

      7 Hindrik Hoekzema, born December 17, 1818, died January 13, 1888,
      married on August 8, 1858 to Fokje Postuma

      8 Aaltje Hindriks Hoekzema, born about January 18, 1822, married June
      24, 1849 to Aaldrik Evenhuis

      9. Onne Hoekzema born February 11, 1825, died June 1, 1916. married
      August 4, 1867 to MAria de Groot

      10. Klaas Hoekzema, born June 17, 1829. Married 4 times.
      1.May 20, 1857 to Trientje Heuner
      2 March 26, 1863 to Pieterke Penninga
      3 September 29, 1872 to Elisa Martha Dupuy
      4 November 11, 1884 to Hillegien Appeldoorn

      Any information will be greatly appreciated!

      Best wishes to you all from Peoria, Illinois

      Tim Hartneck
      mot2@...
    • rawboots
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7 6:53 AM
        Hello Tim,

        I couldn't tell if you found more on this family. Genlias & Allegroningers have been updated since you wrote this. I was looking at the Meerveld family when I stumbled on your email and took a look at what I could find. Below are links to what I found. Marijke Hindriks was the mother of your Hendrik Gerrits Hoekzema with a father unknown, possibly Gerrit? I thought maybe Marijke's father was Hendrik Gerrits, but he was Hendrik Jans. Later Marijke marries Berend Louwes Hoeksema, and it is from this man that your Hendrik takes his family name.

        Ancestors of Hendrik Gerrits Hoekzema: http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=PED&db=rawboots&id=I202812

        Descendants of Marijke Hendriks: http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=REG&db=rawboots&id=I202788

        Greetings,
        Robb.