Re: [groningen-genealogy] Johannes Everhardus Sekema

  • Pera
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
      Hallo Menno,

      Jan Romkes Sekema en Johannes Everhardus Sekema zijn wel familie van
      elkaar, maar de zoon Johannes, die jij noemt, is niet dezelfde als
      Johannes Everhardus. Ze hebben wel dezelfde voorvader: Eme Sekema.
      Misschien wordt het duidelijk aan de hand van de volgende link:

      http://www.genealogieonline.nl/doopsgezinden-in-het-groningse-westerkwartier/I9772.php

      Met vriendelijke groeten,

      Klaas Pera
    • Robb Ouzts
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
        Hallo Menno & Klaas,

        I looked at the link you provided Klaas, and I wonder if they have the correct Jan Sekema baptized in 1666 in Niezijl as the one married with Ursel Cipriani.  If he was baptized that late, it would suggest that he was only 16 when he married.  Wouldn't that be young to be a solliciteur?  I note that both his parents: Claes Sekema & Roelefjen Jansen were the children of Jan, so might it be possible they had 2 sons Jan which lived?  Thus the one which married Ursel Cipriani would be the elder born in 1659 or 1660?  Making him 22 or 24 when he married, and maybe a slightly better chance of being a soliciteur?  Otherwise I agree with the website, and that the 2 families are from the same Eme Sekema of the 1500's.

        mvg,
        Robb.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 27, 2013
          Hello Robb,

          That is a little bit too young to marry, I agree. I am glad you noticed. There is a second Jan Sekema, being baptized in 1660:

          Doop     16-12-1660 Niezijl
          Kind     Jan
          Geslacht     o

          Vader     Seeckema

          Moeder     Roelephjen Janssen

          Bron     Doop- en trouwboek Kerkelijke gemeente - Niezijl 1651-1811
          Collectie DTB (toegang 124)
          Inventarisnummer 325

          As you already suggested, that would be a better solution. I will change my data accordingly.

          With kind regards,

          Klaas