Re: [groningen-genealogy] Geert Derks Botskop

  • Robb Ouzts
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2013
      Afina,

      Geert was baptized 4.12.1718 in Oude-Pekela, the son of Derk Jans Butskop & Grietje Jans.  He did marry Jantien Geerts 1st, and they have one daughter Grietie baptized 27.1.1743 in Vriescheloo.
      I believe his wife Nieltje was baptized 27.9.1733 in Bellingwolde, the daughter of Harmen Gerrits & Titje Jeppes.  I do not find a daughter for them named Dina, so I lean towards Geert Botskop is not the zwager of Dina Harms.  But Nieltje's baptism is a guess, without a marriage contract to back it up, and no children for her either.

      The only marriage contract for which I do not have the details is for Geert Derks & Jantien Geerts on 11.2.1742 in Vriescheloo, that I know of.  The database index of marriage contracts I have is for prior to 1750, so the 2nd marriage would not be in there.

      Grietie Derks Botscop marries 29.6.1767 in Nieuwe-Pekela with Abraham van den Riet, and I found one daughter Jantje baptized 20.3.1768 in Nieuwe-Pekela.

      Another point of interest, which I have yet to connect is the marriage of Albert Geerts Botskop & Nieltje Harms (Slijm??) in Oude-Pekela on 17.4.1768.  I have not children for them either, and because the dates are so close, I thought it might be the same couple as Geert Derks Botskop, but now think not.  This Nieltje was from Winschoten at her marriage and I believe she was baptized there on 12.3.1734 to parents: Hermannus Jans Slijm & Geertien Berents.  I am not sure who Albert Geerts was the son of.

      Groetjes,
      Robb.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2013
        Thanks, RobbI had found the same in allegroningers. (It was Grietje Geerts who married Abraham van de Riet, so she is no doublt the daughter of Geert and Jantien. My gut feeling is Albert is a son of Geert,But my interest is really in Nieltje, as a possible sister of Dina. But there might not even be a contract, as Geert's children were already adultsAfina
        Afina Broekman
        afinab@...
        website: http://dutchgenie.net
        Blog: http://dutchgenie.net/wordpress/